Senior 2D Artist @ Kabam
|Created:||May 15th 2012, 13:42 by Watercooler|
Kabam is growing and we’re growing quickly.
With offices in the Bay Area and internationally, we are growing at an exponential rate and this is just the beginning. We’re building games that are changing how social games are played and the success of our games has established us as a definitive leader in the strategic massively multi-player social gaming space. Our studio business model allows us to sustain a startup culture that empowers you to drive change and create and own the outcome of your contributions – contributions that impact millions of gamers daily.
Think you have what it takes to make real games? We want to meet you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
At Kabam, small teams of artists, designers, and engineers work together to collaborate on exciting games. A 2D artist will contribute anything from concept sketches and mock-ups to finished production-ready art for use in a game. An artist might be called upon to work on anything from a detailed, beautifully-rendered painting to be used in marketing graphics or splash screens to working on small simple graphics for icons and buttons ... Or even working on the buttons themselves, as our games often need GUIs as well! You'll take direction from the Art Director and Lead Artist, meet with the team to talk about and show off your work, make changes as needed, and work with engineers to ensure that your work is properly implemented into the game. You'll have a decent amount of leeway to create really cool stuff, and will hopefully be excited about contribute to the game design itself.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
* 5+ years of illustration experience in Photoshop or Painter; Illustrator or Flash experience highly desirable but not a must. Should have shipped several game titles.
* Great sense of line and form, color and lighting, human anatomy, technical and architectural design, and environmental painting skills
* Strong character and environment design skills
* Ability to work with a broad range of subjects and styles, from detailed and rendered paintings like you might see in console game or films concept art to simple and cartoony and more appropriate for a light-hearted casual game… And anywhere in-between
* Willingness to mentor and share your skills and experience with other team-members
* Strong passion for gaming, especially in the social/casual sphere. Experience working on them desirable but not absolutely necessary
* 3D experience a plus but not required
* Strong cross-functional communications skills; verbal, written, and visual
* Ability to take direction well and to play well with others. No prima donnas!
* A desire to grow your skills and experience
* A terrific sense of humor.
Click here to apply.
Check out what is like at Kabam on our Facebook page - Life@Kabam
Keep updated with us and Follow us on Linkedin!
Note to Candidates:
Kabam does not accept paper applications at this time and requests that all candidates submit their information online by either applying directly to an open requisition or submitting a general profile.
Note to Placement and other 3rd party Agencies:
Kabam does not accept unsolicited agency resumes sent to our website or to any Kabam employee, and will not incur fees to any third party agency as a result. If there is a need for third party agency assistance, then a representative from the Recruiting team will contact you.