Senior Visual Designer
|Created:||Sep 16th, 16:56 by Kcarvalho|
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played online PC game in the world, over 32 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That’s where you come in.
As Senior Visual Designer, your creativity, passion and perseverance will combine with your skill set to help you imagine, sketch, color and render sleek, yet readable interface elements for League of Legends and other Riot Games content. You'll put your industry experience to work creating artistically and technically excellent interface elements. Whether your background is in traditional art or digital craftsmanship, you'll join forces with the game development teams to create assets that serve as the framework for the game, website, store and PVP.net client. Using the talent and skill that built your strong portfolio, you'll generate scalable designs that deliver unique, interactive player experiences to an audience of millions.
● Experienced: whether you've spent the past five years honing your artistic skills to a fine point or building a portfolio of intuitive, interactive visual assets, you most likely designed engaging web or in-game UI experiences or personally created brand identities for products, games or services
● Artistic: you're either a master illustrator and painter and an ace with Photoshop and smiliar 2D programs, or you've mastered creatively conceptualizing digital experiences; either way, you possess exceptional aesthetic judgment with a keen eye for light, color, value, form, typography and composition
● Visionary: you see the big picture so you're passionate about creating experiences that test the limits of so-called "normal UI"; you're up to speed on the latest interactive design trends and you look even further ahead
● Sublimely systematic: you understand screen-wide flow, so you're able to ensure stylistic consistency and create new assets that mesh with a defined aesthetic; your approach to design helps you appreciate analytics and user research data to inform and guide your decisions
● Collaborative: you're comfortable working alongside teams of artists, programmers and designers and are open to feedback, both giving and receiving; you enjoy helping grow the skills of junior designers and recognize that mentoring is a two-way street that you love driving on
● Organized: you might be an artist, but you're able to leverage your left brain to keep everything prioritzed and on time
● Player-focused: as a gamer and League of Legends player yourself, you know how important a slick, readable UI is to a positive game experience; you'll draw on your love for gaming to build an interface that transforms button-clicking into an immersive, interactive experience
● Imagine and compose elements for use across the League of Legends game, web and PvP.net UI
● Create polished web and in-game UI that enhance player interactions and help deepen the player experience
● Add your creative touch to a variety of public-facing imagery including posters, event booths and the League of Legends website
● Generate, maintain and disseminate design documents such as style guides and design pattern libraries that facilitate a high-quality, consistent visual aesthetic
● Foster an open creative environment where teammates collaborate to help each other create better artwork through honest criticism and feedback
Please email Kenny Carvalho or apply directly online at Senior Visual Designer. Don’t forget to include a portfolio link along with your resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice creative application materials that show us you take play seriously.