Game UI/UX Designer
|Category:||UI & Tools|
|Created:||Jul 30th 2013, 13:45 by hrciegames|
Game UI/UX Designers lead the creative work on our social media applications and marketing projects. You’ll work with our team to create an intuitive and cohesive look, feel, and overall user experience for our games.
We need a detail-oriented designer who can grow into a lead and mentor for a group of highly talented designers and developers. Game UI/UX Designers must have an exceptional understanding of best mobile and web UI/UX practices, but most importantly you must love video games!
Cie Games is a growing company and is looking to add passionate, innovative, and intelligent people to our team who can help us create the next generation of interactive applications.
- Create intuitive user experiences for new features for top grossing products by collaborating with the Game Designer, Art Lead, Metrics, UA, and Developers
- Responsible for detailed and pixel perfect execution of strong interaction design and visual design principles based on the Game Design Document
- Respect the established style guide while offering innovation in User Experience
- Deliver wireframes, assets, screens, prototypes, and animations that are consistent with the game’s art style
- Design with conformity to leading mobile and social developer documentation
- Understand production pipeline and support developers and art team during export procesS
- Test UI to ensure that the design meets the intended UX goals
- Keep up with interaction design trends
- Exude passion and positivity about work, design, and gaming
- You must have exceptional communication skills
- Your portfolio must prove you have designed wireframes and UI for a shipped mobile title
- Experience designing Flash titles from conception to completion a plus
- Other relevant design experience includes rich interactive applications, motion graphics, and web development
- You must be an A+ designer, an expert not only in UI design but also in logo design, iconography, typography, and all areas of graphic design.
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash CS3/CS4, and other relevant art tools required
- Animation, Unity, and General 3D experience is a plus
- Traditional art skills a plus
- Strong technical background or the ability to quickly understand and articulate interactions in a complex technical environment, specifically in regards to new technologies (CSS, AS3, etc.)
- This is a mid-level position; we're looking for somebody who has at least 2 years of experience in the app development and/or gaming industry
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree + HCI - Human Computer Interaction Design, New Media Design, or related field
Cie Games is a leading developer and publisher of social, mobile, and online games. Our popular game, Car Town, is the first Facebook game built around brands and has attracted more than 40 million players. Our other products include free-to-play drag racing game, Nitto 1320 Legends, and multiplayer, browser-based Robits World. Cie Games has developed licensing, advertising, and marketing partnerships and integrations with more than 30 major companies and brands, including NASCAR, General Motors, Honda, Toyota, Ferrari, Universal Pictures, and Regal Entertainment.
Cie Games was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Most Promising Companies in 2011. We also have an award-winning, creative workspace with an incredible view of Los Angeles. Cie Games is a fast-growing company and we are looking for people who are passionate about games and technology to join our team.
Cie Games provides a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes health coverage, employer-matched 401k, interesting projects, and exceptional growth opportunities. You'll work with a smart group of driven and talented Project Managers, Designers, and Developers. We have an award-winning office with ping pong, video games, snacks, walls you can draw on, and an amazing view of the ocean.
To apply for this position, go to the site below to submit your resume and digital portfolio. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
Please do not contact us if you are a recruiter, agency, or outsourcing company.