Big Red Button Entertainment
Lead Character Artist
|Created:||Jul 11th 2013, 02:24 by BigRedButton|
LEAD CHARACTER ARTIST
Location: El Segundo, CA (Los Angeles)
Big Red Button (BRB) is looking for a highly skilled Lead Character Artist! You’ll define the quality bar, develop new techniques and set technical best practices for our character pipeline. You’re able to sculpt, model and texture a range of visually exceptional and efficient characters for current and next-gen systems. Applicants should demonstrate strong design sensibilities, a great understanding of form, color and anatomy and proficiency painting/authoring textures.
· Provide aesthetic and technical direction to on and off-site character artists.
· Stay abreast of departmental dependencies and schedules.
· Sculpt high-resolution characters in Zbrush or Mudbox.
· Create high-resolution models (hard-surface and organic) in Maya, 3ds Max, etc.
· Author/paint high and low resolution textures (diffuse, normal, specular, gloss, etc.)
· Create clean, low-resolution game topology and UVs.
· Collaborate with multiple departments to take characters from prototype to completion.
· Actively accepts and provides feedback to character art team.
· 5+ years of video game, film or television experience
· 1-3+ years in a leadership capacity
· Ability to model characters in a range of styles with an emphasis on design
· Excellent communication skills
· Take pride in and personal ownership of your work
· Drawing, sculpting and other traditional art skills a plus
· Submit your resume along with your reel/portfolio
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org