Deluxe Vancouver Ltd.
|Industry:||Film & VFX|
|Created:||Jan 27th, 20:00 by DeluxeVancouver|
Position: Operations Manager
Supervisor: Vice-President, Post
Company: Deluxe Vancouver Ltd.
Department: Feature Film and Television Post Production
The Operations Manager has a solid track record in post production operations. Organized, technically sound and credible, the Operations Manager is flexible, responsive, and a team-oriented individual who is hands-on, a good problem solver, and exhibits a proactive and transparent style.
Possessing a sense of urgency, the Operations Manager demonstrates an ability to work within a fast-paced and collaborative environment, is a good manager of resources and finances, has excellent skills in building relationships, communicating effectively, and serving the needs of others. Most importantly, the Operations Manager is responsive and has a propensity to get things done.
The Operations Manager will work the Vice-President to ensure Deluxe is leading the industry in customer service, quality of work, and technological trends. This leader will continue to strengthen a customer-focused culture where clients are valued and will develop a manufacturing program that eliminates defects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Vice-President, the Operation Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of post production operations for feature and television services in Vancouver including dailies, creative and media service, in a cost effective and efficient manner with the objective of maximizing growth and profitability. This senior role must ensure that all leads and team members understand and follow appropriate methods, procedures and techniques to successfully complete assigned tasks within committed timeframes and standards.
- Provides strong leadership and shares knowledge and expertise for the overall benefit of Deluxe Creative Content Post Production Services.
- Develops and implements procedures, methods, standards and controls to foster operational efficiency, monitor compliance and mitigate risks.
- Ensures that all post production operating systems are properly operated and maintained to achieve high-quality performance in a service-oriented, safe and cost-effective manner.
- Manages progress of projects, in conjunction with the VP. Directs management of Video-Data Centre and Dailies.
- Successfully build on our core strengths, to service the feature film and television market in Vancouver. Define and lead strategies to support our customer services strategies, allowing Deluxe to stand out in the market.
- Manage and supervise Post Operations technical staff including hiring, promotions, recognition, discipline, and performance management. In conjunction with the HR Manager, coaches staff on their performance and career development.
- Works with the Sales department to update monthly revenue forecasting to reflect actual bookings.
- Investigates details thoroughly and conducts effective problem-solving activities to resolution when client requirements are not met. Ensures successful outcomes to meet client’s needs with a team approach.
- Keeps current with existing and emerging technology and communicates current trends as appropriate.
- Establish process performance metrics; tracking, analyzing, and reporting performance in terms of quality, safety, cost, and client satisfaction.
- Creates and sustains an environment that fosters teamwork, excellence, cooperation, respect, and diversity.
- Collaborates with peers, colleagues and others in the facility to maximize performance and ensures the business needs of clients and staff are surpassed.
- Represents the department in a collegial, responsive, flexible, customer friendly and professional manner.
- Work in conjunction with other Deluxe locations worldwide to service collaborative projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
- Minimum of five (5) years in a leadership role with proven experience in team building, conflict resolution, and negotiation. Ability to coach and mentor staff.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in post production operations and/or engineering or eight (8) years experience working in the feature film and/or television entertainment industry.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, or a related discipline or equivalent experience preferred.
- Successful track record of operational performance in a large corporate environment is essential. Must be able to drive opportunities to successful closure.
- Experience in developing exceptional operational processes for post production and client service requirements.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong leadership abilities and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are essential; must be able to create and deliver compelling messages or presentations to clients, senior management and staff.
- Adept at anticipating emerging issues then implementing tactics to address them.
- Ability to interact with all operating levels of an organization; ability to liaise and build consensus between senior management and staff.
- Exceptional ability to adapt efficiently and effectively to a demanding and changing work environment managing flexible hours, multiple tasks, competing priorities and deadlines.
Deluxe Vancouver Ltd. lives at the intersection of artistry and technology and is the industry's leading provider of digital media & entertainment services. Please apply with a cover letter and resume by indicating why you are the best candidate for the job to Nancy Hogan at Nancy.Hogan@bydeluxe.com.