Deluxe Vancouver Ltd.
|Industry:||Film & VFX|
|Created:||Jan 27th 2013, 19:57 by DeluxeVancouver|
Position: Project Manager
Supervisor: Vice-President, Post
Reporting to the Vice-President, the Project Manager is responsible for providing direction to the operations department to ensure successful completion of projects to exceed client expectations. Organized, professional and customer-service focused, this person is flexible, responsive, and a team-oriented member who is hands-on, a good problem solver, and exhibits a proactive and transparent style.
Possessing a sense of urgency, the Project Manager demonstrates an ability to work within a fast-paced and collaborative environment, deliver accurate and quality work on schedule, and has excellent skills in building relationships and communicating effectively. Most importantly, this role is very responsive to a variety of external client needs. This role works with an intense propensity to get things done to delight the client.
- Provides leadership, guidance and support to the operations department to ensure efficient, productive and harmonious operations for completion of projects;
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing technical needs and requirements.
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope to ensure smooth passage of projects.
- Schedule post sessions as requested by clients and in-house coordinators, tailoring time and facilities in accordance to specific needs, based on supplied information, and the understanding of Deluxe’s ability to best meet their needs.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
- Prepare all involved departments for the session by providing necessary information in a clear and timely manner.
- Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
- Minimizes our exposure and risk on project.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately. Record all technical and logistical information pertinent to each session.
- Manages project budget. Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for project.
- Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices
- Liaise with other divisions and locations in order to foster effective communications on a day-to-day basis.
- Work with Client Services to communicate needs to support client visits and meetings, including outlining the need for overtime services.
- Provides outstanding professional scheduling services to our clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time position with a fixed daytime shift, although overtime may be required.
Experience and Education:
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in a production environment, Post Production or VFX.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a project management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- University degree in business administration; or a recognized business certificate or diploma program preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment to get the job done and collaborate with others.
- Able to plan, prioritize, and manage competing priorities as well as meet deadlines.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong leadership, client services and organizational skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are essential.
- Adept at anticipating emerging issues on behalf of the client and managing staff to resolve to meet the client’s expectations
- Exceptional ability to adapt efficiently and effectively to a demanding and changing work environment managing flexible hours, multiple tasks, competing priorities and deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and judgment.
- Proven ability to be flexible, confident and self motivated.
Deluxe Vancouver Ltd. lives at the intersection of artistry and technology and is the industry's leading provider of digital media & entertainment services. Please apply with a cover letter and resume by indicating why you are the best candidate for the job to Nancy Hogan at Nancy.Hogan@bydeluxe.com.