Sports Bag/Luggage Designer
|Created:||Jan 25th, 18:03|
We are looking for an intermediate level sport bag designer with:
o BA/BS in Industrial Design with 2 - 5 years experience in cut & sew design, focusing on sports bags (duffels, backpacks etc.) and casual luggage
o Experience working with overseas factories (especially in China) both long distance via e-mail communication & FTP file exchange as well as face to face in the factories
o A great looking portfolio that shows off your ideation and sketch style, development process as well as track record on previous product
o Intense interest in and awareness of everything related to active/sport life styles, including but not limited to fashion, bag & shoe trends as well as popular team and individual sport activities & changing equipment trends
Job responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Designing backpacks, luggage and travel goods within brand scope
• Design & engineering travel goods components
• Developing product renderings & presentations
• Communicating with overseas vendors along with traveling internationally.
• Strong background in luggage and backpack design.
• Ability to rapidly communicate design intent through sketching.
• Must have knowledge of soft-goods construction and manufacturing techniques
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite softwares: Specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, and Adobe Acrobat Professional
• 3-D CAD & rendering skills a plus
• Microsoft Windows and Office
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational abilities
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Must be a team player.
Please submit résumé, salary requirements, JPG examples of work or web links to portfolio only for initial review
No phone calls please.
• SOMADE offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, 401K, paid holidays and paid vacation.
Position Type: Full Time
Country: United States
Willing to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: Yes
Minimum Experience Required: 3-5 years