|Created:||Jan 21st 2013, 11:43 by arkalisint|
Arkalis interactive is one of the newest game labels in Europe. The label both develops and publishes multi-platform downloadable video games and apps. The entire app or game from concept through to marketing and launch is managed within the Arkalis studios.
Job Description & Environment:
A Technical Artist works part of the art team, and coordinates closely with the lead artists and the art director, as well as the lead programmers and lead designers.
You will be also charged with investigating new techniques and implementing them. The job often includes a teaching element, with the Technical Artist sharing their knowledge via training and mentoring sessions with other artists.
As a member of the art team, your main tasks will consist in to show technical proficiency in areas such as lighting and rendering, 3D assets creation pipelines, texturing, and graphics-related programming languages such as shaders.
Artist Support and Advocacy:
• Technical Artists serve as both an advocate for the Art department as well as the bridge between Art and Engineering.
• They must know what a healthy art pipeline "looks like" and must help make sure that content creators have the tools & support necessary to do their jobs.
• Technical Artists are the first line of defense in diagnosing any software problems artists/designers have, and in helping to debug them.
• Continually be on the lookout for technologies that can improve our game content creation process, researching the "next phase" of pipeline development. Evaluate upgrades to DCC software currently in use by artists in the studio, and completely new software packages, with an eye towards keeping the pipeline running smoothly.
• Identifying process bottlenecks and working on eliminating them is something all people on the team should consider a priority.
- Setting up and maintaining the art production workflow as well as making decisions about which art packages and tools a studio should use.
- Demonstrating technical skills and a solid understanding of the rendering theory as well as 3D engines
- Demonstrating good communication skills with team of artists and programmers.
- Demonstrating modeling abilities, both in high- and low-polygon resolution.
- Collaborating with the Lead Artist and Art Director to create high-quality visual sets
- Being actively involved in the creation process and constant interacting with the game and level designers
- Meeting project deadlines/milestones as set by project leads
- Contributing efficiently to the artistic pipeline and to platform limitations
- Be able to create custom tools to improve the efficiency of their team
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the artists so as to streamline their productivity.
- High proficiency in 3D Studio Max & Maxscript (or similar software).
- Knowledge of the modelling/texturing pipeline in low polygon
- Highly motivated with a passion for video games, tools and production processes.
- Working experience on Mobile, iOs, Android games and MMO.
- Knowledge of editors like Unity or Unreal is a plus.
- Knowledge of Vray or Mental Ray is a plus.
- A test will be required as a first step of the selection process.
- Fluent English.
DEMO REEL / PORTFOLIO REQUIREMENTS:
All applicants need to have 3D models available online, with fully textured creations or examples of their tools or work.
Please send your application with your CV and demo reeel or portfolio with the reference TECHNICAL ARTIST 3D to: firstname.lastname@example.org