Gameloft - New Orleans Studio
Senior Online Developer
|Category:||Engineer / Programmer|
|Created:||Jan 16th, 15:54 by GameloftNOL|
Gameloft, international publisher and developer of video games, is seeking an energetic Senior Online Developer to help create the next generation of exciting new games for mobile online games. This engineer will work with top video game talent creating the next generation of exciting new online iOS video games! Previous hit Gameloft games on iPhone include Oregon Trail, Hero of Sparta, NOVA, Avatar, Dungeon Hunter, NFL 2010, Real Soccer 2010, New York Nights, Assassin’s Creed, Terminator Salvation, Asphalt, Let’s Golf, and Gangstar, just a few of the 600+ games that Gameloft has created since its inception.
This position is based in the creative and inspiring city of New Orleans, an international metropolis built on entertainment and opportunity, and offers:
- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package
- Excellent cost of living and area growth
- Fun, passionate and creative studio with a casual atmosphere
- International environment which offers daily contact with other countries & cultures
- Challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in games
If you're ready to take it to the next level in your career, don't miss this opportunity to be part of the next big thing in mobile games!
The Senior Online Developer will work closely with Online Lead and design teams to develop the network portion of our games currently in development. He or she will create and deploy the server architecture, assist the gameplay developers and engineers in coding the game applications on the server side, suggest best practices to offer players a high quality network experience (optimize client/server exchanges and reduce latency), perform client/server programming, and produce and maintain relevant documentation. This position will also pitch in with implementing gameplay features.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in developing and launching online multiplayer games,
- Experience in programming network games from simple client/server applications to current or previously operating MMORPGs
- Experience in audio/video feed streaming
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++/PHP/mySQL
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science specializing in computer networks and multimedia communications strongly preferred
- Excellent socket programming skills (UDP/TCP)
- Interest or experience in gameplay implementation
- Motivated by and passionate about video games!
All qualified applicants will be required to take a skills assessment.
A leading global publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including mobile phones, smartphones and tablets (including Apple® iOS and Android® devices), set top box, connected TVs and consoles. Gameloft partners with leading international brands such as UNO®, Spider-Man®, James Cameron’s Avatar™, Ferrari® and Sonic Unleashed®. Gameloft also operates its own established franchises, such as Real Football, Asphalt™, Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus and N.O.V.A Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance®. Gameloft is present in all continents, distributes its games in 100 countries and employs over 6,000 developers. Gameloft is listed on the Paris Stock Exchange (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA).