Deluxe Vancouver Ltd.
Junior System Administrator/Programmer (6 month contract)
|Industry:||Film & VFX|
|Category:||Systems & IT|
|Created:||Jan 15th 2013, 12:31 by DeluxeVancouver|
Position: Junior System Administrator/Programmer
(6 month contract with the possibility of becoming full-time)
Supervisor: Production Systems Lead and Senior Systems Administrator
The Junior System Administrator/Programmer has a solid track record providing technical support to staff and ensuring smooth daily operations within a complex 24/7 environment. Organized, technically sound and credible, the Junior System Administrator/Programmer is a flexible team player and a hands-on problem solver.
Possessing a sense of urgency, the Junior System Administrator/Programmer demonstrates an ability to work within a fast-paced and collaborative environment, and has excellent skills in building relationships, communicating effectively, and serving the needs of others. Most importantly, the Junior System Administrator/Programmer is responsive and has a propensity to get things done.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary focus of this role is to ensure the daily operations of the facility run smoothly by assisting staff in resolving problems and by maintaining, modifying and installing new systems to enable cost effective and seamless operations. This position reports to the VP of Engineering and on a daily basis to the Production Systems Lead & Senior Systems Administrator.
- Support the office networks, servers, computers and software that the company uses. This support encompasses repairs, maintenance, upgrades and new installations. Primarily the work focuses on the support of the VFX division of the company (Method Studios Vancouver).
- Help staff with daily operations of these systems and software packages and suggest changes to make these systems more responsive to staff requirements.
- Support existing and new VFX equipment and software.
- Work with engineering to create scripts for server optimization.
- Deployment scripts for workstations. This will be in conjunction with Puppet.
- Interact with the Pipeline group (Workflow and Management tools).
- Document networks, systems and procedures.
- Provide application support for the VFX production software currently in use and evaluate and test new versions and new software/hardware products.
Experience and Education:
- Experience with Windows, Mac and Linux computer systems
- Computer programming/scripting knowledge Python, Bash, PHP & Ruby.
- Networking knowledge (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, NAS) is an asset
- Knowledge of computer graphics, rendering, compositing, 2D and 3D is an asset
- Undergraduate degree / diploma in a related technology discipline.
- Minimum 4 years of experience working in a corporate technology environment supporting Linux/UNIX, Mac and Windows.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a production environment, VFX, Post Production, animation or gaming.
The schedule for this position is Monday through Friday but may include weekend work and call-backs when problems occur. This position is subject to overtime.
Deluxe Vancouver Ltd. lives at the intersection of artistry and technology and is the industry’s leading provider of digital media & entertainment services. Please apply with a cover letter and resume by indicating why you are the best candidate for the job to Nancy Hogan at email@example.com. We plan to fill this position as quickly as possible once we find the right candidate.