5TH Cell Media
SENIOR CHARACTER ARTIST
|Created:||Jan 10th 2013, 17:18 by sjohnj|
5TH Cell has an opening for a Senior Character Art Lead, who will contribute to several exciting new original properties. This position works directly with our Art Director, Lead Animator and Creative Director in visualizing the style and will oversee the 3D character art pipeline along with the potential of day to day management of the Character Art team. We are only interested in candidates that have a deep portfolio which spans a broad range of styles, and 5+ years of experience at a film, game or other entertainment company as a character artist. This position is full time and on location in our Bellevue WA studio.
Only highly qualified candidates will be contacted.
· 5+ years of professional experience from a top tier game developer, film studio or relevant entertainment company.
· Online portfolio showing a good grasp of several unique art styles.
· Deep understanding of human and animal anatomy.
· Able to capture human likeness in 3d.
· Expertise in Maya / 3D Max and Zbrush or Mudbox.
· Robust understanding of deferred rendering pipelines.
· Able to take a character from concept to final model with minimal guidance.
· A passion for mentoring junior artists and a desire to offer constructive feedback.
· Great communication skills, strong willingness to work in a team setting, and open to critique and constructive feedback.
· Must have a passion for Original IP across all genres. We don’t work on licensed titles.
· Character concept art skills
· Experience with both sculpted and scanned character pipelines
· Rigging and animation experience
· Environment and prop experience
· VFX and lighting Experience
This position is offered with comprehensive benefits such as medical benefits for you and your family, generous time off, free parking, and 401(k) with company match. If this position sounds interesting to you, send us your resume along with a link to your portfolio to email@example.com and in the subject line please refer to position title, Senior Character Artist 2013.