Technical Artist (Shader)
|Created:||May 13th, 11:33 by Gameloft-Mtl|
Are you passionate about video games? Do you want to keep progressing in an exciting, young and dynamic environment? Gameloft is currently seeking a Technical Artist (Shader).
Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including mobile phones, smartphones and tablets (including Apple® iOS and Android® devices), set-top boxes and connected TVs. Founded in 1999 and a top innovator in its field, Gameloft, distributes its games in over 100 countries. www.gameloft.com
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The role of the Technical Artist, specialising in shading, requires a broad understanding of fundamental lighting and material concepts. Experience creating effective real-time shaders is a prerequisite.
The Technical Artist (Shader) is responsible for developing, documenting and supporting the art pipelines and techniques used by the art teams. Working directly with Senior Art and Programming Leads, the successful candidate will need to understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view. The Technical Artist is expected to train artists in new techniques and ensure that completed art assets are appropriate for the engine.
The ideal candidate will have production-proven experience in the video game industry and preferably an art- or design-related background, with a solid foundation in current console art techniques.
• Game production experience (at least 3 years’ experience with industry-standard 3-D packages)
• Excellent knowledge in 3ds Max
• Good eye for photorealism
• In-depth knowledge of cutting-edge shader techniques (HLSL/CG)
• Experience with node-based shader creation tools
• Good understanding of memory and performance constraints
• Excellent grasp of modeling, texturing, UV mapping and rendering
• Experience in lighting (look dev.)
• Scripting experience (ideally MaxScript)
• Excellent Photoshop skills
• Knowledge of photography basics
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Art/visual media background
• Digital filmmaking experience
In order to consider your application, we require your portfolio or samples of your work (demos, images, animation, websites, etc.). Please provide the address of your website or portfolio if you have one.
Please forward this information to the following address:
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.