Studio Creative Director
|Category:||Lead game designer|
|Created:||May 10th, 15:28 by gameloftmadrid|
We are looking for an experienced game designer to lead the Game and Level Design team at our new Madrid Studio. Ideally, the candidate will have experience with various video game genders.
- Conceptualization and in-depth development of the game and design documents.
- Script writing and game level design.
- Managing a team of Game and Level designers.
- Employee management.
- Manage employee’s performance evaluation and disciplinary follow ups.
- Active participation in recruitment (CV and portfolio sorting; test corrections; interviews; etc).
- Maintain strong communication with the different department leads (producers, creative directors, art directors, technical directors).
- Keep all documents for the project updated and maintain regular updates of all design aspects of the game to maintain the overall quality.
- Develop prototypes and explore new game ideas. Research and development, run market studies and propose new game concepts/ideas.
- 5 to 10 years of professional experience in the game industry
- 3 to 5 years professional experience leading design teams.
- At least 3 titles published for console or multiple games published for iPhone or portable consoles.
- Diploma in one of the following: computer science, multimedia, computer graphics, video games or equivalent.
- Expertise in one of the following genres: action-adventure, RPG, FPS or racing.
- Expertise in Level design.
- Experience with the following platforms (asset): iPhone, Wii, Nintendo DS, PlayStation 3 or Online Games.
- Experience with creation tools (Flash, Blitz, Virtools, GameMaker, etc.).
- Familiar with 3DSMax, Maya, Sketchup or other 3D design programs.
- Experience with multimedia software (Office, Adobe, Macromedia).
- Knowledge of the technical Pipeline and all the process needed to make a game.
- Open-spirit and proven leadership.
- Passion for video games and their history.
- Good understanding of scripting and/or basic computer programming.
- Communicate ideas with ease (oral and written), professional and autodidactic.
- Able to work under pressure and open to doing occasional over-time.
- Good team-work ability.
- Fluent English.
- Strong imagination!
- Opportunity to work in a newly created studio and learn in a professional environment with people who have a passion for creating video games.
- Open working climate with young, dynamic teams from around the world.
- Salary based upon experience and merit.
- Permanent contract, full-time job and additional merit pay system.
- We are offering relocation support for candidates willing to move to Madrid.
Please forward your cover letter, resume and portfolio to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference: “Studio Creative Director".