Game Server Architect - Java (m/f)
|Created:||Dec 4th 2012, 05:56 by Goodgame|
Goodgame Studios is the fastest-growing games company in Europe, and one of Germany’s most successful technology companies. With more than 300 staff, at our Hamburg offices we develop innovative online games played by over 100 million players in almost 200 countries and more than 20 languages worldwide. Our success is built on our talented and motivated team of experienced e-Business experts and dedicated newcomers. With our quantitative approach fueled by driving ambition, we strive to continually improve our products. We want to set new global standards in technology, product quality, sales and marketing.
We also want to maintain our strong growth - so we’re looking for entrepreneurial personalities who really want to make things happen. Become part of our impressive success story - apply now!
In this challenging position, you will put all the know-how accumulated through several years of practical experience into the architecture of our highly-frequented game server.
- Design and implementation of game server architecture for innovative MMO Games
- New and further development of efficient client-server protocols
- Optimization of existing high-performance server components
- Development of cross-game administration and monitoring tools
- Working closely with the game teams
- Several years of experience with Java
- Detailed knowledge of multi-threading and concurrency
- Ideally, you have experience with the development of multi-user servers in Java, if possible without J2EE application server
- Practical experience with object orientation, design samples/patterns, databases (SQL) and data structures
- Desirable - a degree in computer science or equivalent degree, experience with continuous integration and agile development methods
We are a dynamic, success-hungry company - and you can play a major role in shaping our further development. With us you’ll find an exciting, challenging job and new challenges to face every day. Through inter-departmental cooperation with motivated and well-trained colleagues, you will experience a great deal of excellent know-how transfer. An outstanding working climate and a family-friendly environment are a matter of course for us.
If you do not want to miss this unique opportunity, send your complete application with salary expectations in a PDF file to itjobs[at]goodgamestudios.com. Please include the keyword “Gameserver Architect” and the source details.
Find out more at www.goodgamestudios.com/jobs
Theodorstraße 42-90, Haus 1122761 Hamburg