|Created:||Nov 29th 2012, 18:16 by Kevin_S|
A major game publishing and development firm
Multi-award winning company with cult game titles
A “Google” working environment
Coming from overseas? Sponsorship offered for you and your family!My client
A leading European game publisher and developer of digital and social games with 5000+ people over five continents. Following an impressive period of sustained organic growth, they are looking for a passionate game designer for their studio of nearly 100 people based in New Zealand.
Benefits & Opportunities
Join a multi-award winner renowned internationally, partner of the major console manufacturers, platform providers, telephone carriers in the worldwide gaming industry. Their publishing and development studio of new games uses cutting edge technologies, leading in innovation. To keep abreast of the latest trends, training and assessments are offered on a regular basis.
You will be involved in large-scale projects within a team of 20 different nationalities based in a youthful and friendly environment. Team meals and after-work events take place regularly creating in a strong team atmosphere.
They have a strong HR policy with a dedicated HR Team to make your environment, the best place to work:
- Massage and yoga classes
- A recreation room equipped with a Ping-Pong table and video-game consoles
- Corporate cricket and soccer teams
- Relocation assistance
- Visa management
- A cross-cultural awareness program
Your commitment on occasional overtime will be rewarded and valuded double time.You with the company:
Part of the Production Department, you will report to the Producer and collaborate with artists (Creative/Art Departments) and developers (Technical Department), while closely liaising with the Marketing department.You will be invited to propose new game concepts to the Research & Development Department.To be successful in this position you will have:
- Gathering product specifications
- Handling engagements after fully understanding user requirements, deadlines and technical considerations
- Conceptualisation and in-depth development through to delivery
- Level and environment design and level scripting
- Integrating multimedia elements (text, image, sound and video)
- Communicating efficiently with the different teams enabling cross-collaboration
- Documentation: write the script, data entry, game balancing
- Maintain overall quality following regular updates of the project
- Develop prototypes and explore new game ideas
- Proactively sharing knowledge, assisting others and maintaining high work ethicsWe would like to hear from your:
- A minimum of four years of experience in areas such as computer graphics, multimedia or video games.
- At least a personal project (school game, home-made, startup project etc)
- iPhone Platform
- Level design and/or MOD (Quake, Unreal, Warcraft, Half-Life etc)
- Creation tools (Flash, Blitz, Virtools, GameMake etc)
- Multimedia tools (Office, Adobe, Macromedia)
- Ability to communicate and express ideas fluently and in simple terms
- Strong imagination!
Please, send me your Cv with the ref: PER3695 at firstname.lastname@example.org, connect on LinkedIn in/ksimonnet or call me for a confidential discussion on 02 9518 4388.