Java Developer (m/f)
|Created:||Nov 27th 2012, 11:36 by Goodgame|
Goodgame Studios is the fastest-growing games company in Europe, and one of Germany’s most successful technology companies. With more than 300 staff, at our Hamburg offices we develop innovative online games played by over 100 million players in almost 200 countries and more than 20 languages worldwide. Our success is built on our talented and motivated team of experienced e-Business experts and dedicated newcomers. With our quantitative approach fueled by driving ambition, we strive to continually improve our products. We want to set new global standards in technology, product quality, sales and marketing.
We also want to maintain our strong growth – so we’re looking for entrepreneurial personalities who really want to make things happen. Become part of our impressive success story – apply now!
As Java Developer, you will work on existing and new online games in an interdisciplinary product team, developing game logic to ensure that thousands of players can play simultaneously with one another on one server.
- New and further development of game servers for innovative MMO games
- Conception and implementation of game logic
- Optimization of high-performance systems
- Close cooperation with Flash developers, game designers and game balancers
- Supervision of junior developers
- Two to five years of professional experience with large software projects (Java/C#), ideally in game development
- Practical experience with object orientation, design samples/patterns, databases (SQL), multi-threading and data structures
- Enjoying working in interdisciplinary teams and a passion for games
- Desirable: A degree in computer science or a comparable degree, experience with Eclipse and Linux, run-time and memory optimization and the development of client-server applications
- Challenging tasks, high level of personal responsibility and top development opportunities
- Flat hierarchies and short decision paths
- Swimming pool, gym and other sports on offer
- Fresh fruit, wide range of mueslis and free drinks
- Regular team events
- Further education with reference books, in-house training and language courses
- Partial payment of bus / train tickets and parking
- Flexible kindergarten places available — right on the company premises
We are a dynamic, success-hungry company – and you can play a major role in shaping our further development. With us you’ll find an exciting, demanding job and new challenges to face every day. Through inter-departmental cooperation with motivated and well-trained colleagues, you will experience a great deal of excellent know-how transfer. An outstanding working climate and a family-friendly environment are a matter of course for us.
Hamburg is one of the most beautiful cities in the world and provides a fantastic range of leisure activities as well as a great nightlife. A maritime atmosphere and its Hanseatic cosmopolitan flair enable an especially high quality of life – and safety. We will make relocating simple, help you find a flat, offer you a German course, and make it easy for you to get to know your new home town.
If you do not want to miss this unique opportunity, send your complete application with salary expectations in a PDF file to email@example.com
Please include the keyword “Java Developer” and the source details.