UI/UX Lead Designer
|Category:||UI & Tools|
|Created:||Nov 20th 2012, 15:03 by hrciegames|
Cie Games is looking for a UI/UX Lead Designer to lead the creative work on our social media applications and marketing projects. The UI/UX Lead Designer will work with the team to create an intuitive and cohesive look, feel, and overall user experience for our games.
The UI/UX Lead Designer must be both an outstanding designer and a hands-on manager who can lead and mentor a group of talented designers and developers. The UI/UX Lead Designer must have an exceptional understanding of user interface design and interactive design.
Cie Games is a growing company and is looking to add passionate, innovative, and intelligent people to our team who can help us create the next generation of interactive applications.
- Responsible for execution of strong interaction design and visual design principles
- Design and create the visual content for the game
- Create UI flows, assets, screens, and animations that meet the needs of the game design
- Produce art that is consistent with the game’s art direction
- Integrate and test the assets to ensure they meet their intended goals
- Work with a production team to ensure that there is a high level of collaboration on projects
- Deliverables include brainstorm, wireframes, design, workflow diagrams, interactive mockups and prototypes
- Research interaction design trends
- Understand how Cie Game’s audience interacts with our games, and make use of this knowledge in the development of the best possible user experiences
- You must have a thorough understanding of user experience design for social applications or rich Internet experiences
- Relevant design experience includes rich interactive applications, game development, motion graphics, and web development
- You must have excellent interface design (graphics) abilities and the ability to create simple and intuitive menu layouts that convey complex information
- Animation and 3D experience is a plus
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash CS3/CS4, and other relevant art tools required
- A strong understanding of usability, Web 2.0 design, and interactive media
- Extensive experience with user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies across multiple platforms
- Experience developing Flash games from conception to completion (Shipped Titles a Plus!)You must have exceptional communication skills
- You must have knowledge of best practices and processes to continuously improve the creativity and productivity of the team
- This is a senior position; we're looking for somebody who has at least 4 years of experience in interactive and must have at least 2 years of experience as a Lead Designer
- You should have a strong personal interest in interactive trends including online games, social media, and interactive applications. A passion for games, virtual worlds, and social networking is a must
- You must have a strong online portfolio of high quality interactive work. Portfolio must illustrate strong UI and graphic design skills.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree + HCI - Human Computer Interaction Design, New Media Design, or related field
Cie Games is a leading developer and publisher of social, mobile, and online games. Our popular game, Car Town, is the first Facebook game built around brands and has attracted more than 40 million players. Our other products include free-to-play drag racing game, Nitto 1320 Legends, and multiplayer, browser-based Robits World. Cie Games has developed licensing, advertising, and marketing partnerships and integrations with more than 30 major companies and brands, including NASCAR, General Motors, Honda, Toyota, Ferrari, Universal Pictures, and Regal Entertainment.
Cie Games was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Most Promising Companies in 2011. We also have an award-winning, creative workspace with an incredible view of Los Angeles. Cie Games is a fast-growing company and we are looking for people who are passionate about games and technology to join our team.
Cie Games provides a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes health coverage, employer-matched 401k, interesting projects, and exceptional growth opportunities. You'll work with a smart group of driven and talented Project Managers, Designers, and Developers.
To apply for this position, go to: http://www.ciegames.com/careers/?gnk=apply&gni=8a42a12b3b189c8a013b1f44d393413d&gns=CG%20Hub
Please do not contact us if you are a recruiter, agency, or outsourcing company.