|Created:||Sep 7th 2012, 05:38 by ccpgames|
The Art Director is responsible for maintaining and evolving the artistic vision of DUST 514. This key management role is responsible for driving the visual design and visual documentation, as well as giving direction throughout the whole project cycle; constantly providing guidance, supervision and feedback to the art team. It is the Art Director’s responsibility to maintain and ensure a high level of quality and consistency in the art for the project.
Duties & Responsibility:
- Maintain existing art style and develop new visual concepts for the game in conjunction with other key staff.
- Find solutions to game design requirements, troubleshoot problems and coach artists.
- Conduct critiques with clear and consistent direction to art team.
- Direct art team in the vision, ensure art team delivers innovative artworks and all work is done at the quality level matching up with the rest of the game.
- Facilitate communication between art and all departments to execute on project's vision.
- Working closely with art manager on hiring and training as well as providing career direction input for the art team.
- Working closely with technical art director and engineer team to build features or improve engine tech that will benefit visual/art creation
- Key contributor in planning, collaborate with Associate Producer/Producer to make sure things are delivered on time.
- Help to refine the Art pipeline and production process.
- Drive development of art reference guides for internal and external artists.
Minimum experience required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of game industry experience.
- Experience with providing art direction for AAA titles
- Extensive experience with directing art creation for a Sci-fi game or with futuristic setting.
- 3+ years of experience in a management role.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Extensive experience with 2D &3D art, authoring packages and best practices.
- Fluent in English and able to communicate the vision to a large audience.
Additional preferred skills
- Experience working with Chinese artists
- Mandarin language skills preferred
- A EVE player is a big plus.
Company Description: http://www.ccpgames.com/en/home.aspx