|Created:||Oct 17th 2012, 12:06 by Fishlabs|
With an award-winning portfolio of premium titles such as the AAA open space shooter Galaxy on Fire 2™ (which has already received several global features by Apple), the IMGA double winner Snowboard Hero™ and the recent five million downloads-hit Sports Car Challenge™ (featuring iconic sports cars by VW, Audi, Porsche, Lamborghini, Bentley and Bugatti), Fishlabs is one of the world’s leading developers of high-quality smartphone and tablet games on iOS, Android, Blackberry and other mobile operating systems. Spearheading 3D Mobile Gaming since 2004, we have not only been elected “Best Studio” at the 2011 German Developer Awards, but also made it into the Top 15 in Develop Magazine’s 2011 Top 100 ranking.
Fuelled by ever-more powerful mobile hardware and enabled by our proprietary, platform-independent, but mobile-optimized Abyss™ engine, current-gen console quality is finally within our grasp. Help us achieve it and accompany us beyond, never forgetting that making the gaming experience fun is your top priority - no matter what the business model: Premium, Freemium or totally Free!
This truly is a great time to join Fishlabs as it grows at a healthy pace in the probably fastest-moving and also most exciting part of the gaming industry!
For our studio in the beautiful city of Hamburg we are looking to fill the following full-time, permanent position asap:
(Please note: The exact job title, i.e. Junior/”Regular”/Senior may vary depending on experience)
Team-based development and design of high-end 3D games for mobile platforms, especially iOS and/or Android OS
What we are looking for:
- Experience in a similar position in the computer/video games industry
- Knowledge of 3D
- Profound knowledge of C++ and Java
- Experience in handling existing source code
- Deep mathematical understanding
- Excellent knowledge of English in speech and writing
- Ability to work independently and strong self-motivation
- Lots of creativity
- Excellent team player
- Experience with various other mobile operating systems
- German language skills
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work on commercially successful titles in a multiple award-winning team of approx 65 mobile mad men (and women), who have been accumulating unique know how in the development of AAA mobile games since Fishlabs’ foundation in 2004
- A 40-hour work week, overtime compensation, rare crunch periods (thanks to excellent project management), a minimum of 24 days of paid vacation plus several bank holidays, high-quality medical insurance, and strict worker-friendly labor laws
- A competitive salary and - once you have settled in and earned some spurs - financial support for professional and academic development
- Support (financial and/or otherwise) in the acquisition of a working visa, relocation, and learning German
- A very attractive, recently remodeled office in the center of the beautiful city of Hamburg, Europe’s Green Capital 2011, which constantly achieves top marks with regards to its standard of living. With a population of approx 2 mio as well as excellent public transport and a vibrant nightlife (Reeperbahn, anyone?), Hamburg boasts a host of opportunities to have a good time outside of work, too. And did we mention it is only 1 hr from the nearest sea coast respectively 1.5 hrs to Berlin?
- Not just an open-door, but a no-door policy, where you might find our - approachable - founders sitting right across from you. Turn or roll around in your chair to talk to your team mates. That’s important, because all of our development is team-based!
- Regular and irregular internal events over the course of the year. Past events have included a Lasertag match against another game developer, a boat tour on the Elbe River, and a GPS treasure hunt along the channels of the Alster Lake. More to come!
Please send your complete application including cover letter, résumé, diplomas, references and (as far as applicable) work samples in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don’t forget to state how you learned about this job offer.