Atomhawk Design Ltd
Concept Artist (Intermediate)
|Created:||Oct 4th 2012, 06:08 by atomhawk|
Concept Artist (Intermediate)
We are pleased to announce that we have an opening for a new Concept Artist to join our highly experienced team at Atomhawk Design Ltd. The role would involve relocation to Newcastle/Gateshead, UK, for the duration of the contract. All applicants must be holders of UK or EU passports as unfortunately we are not able to offer sponsorship for a work permit at this time.
· Job title: Concept Artist (Intermediate)
· Salary: TBD
· Location and hours: Gateshead/Full time
· Hierarchy and reporting lines: Reports to the Art Manager and Lead Concept Artist
The job is full time and would involve relocation to Newcastle/Gateshead UK. All applicants must be holders of UK or EU passports as unfortunately we are not able to offer sponsorship for a work permit at this time.
Concept Artists work directly with team lead artists and are responsible for creating the concepts in a broad range of styles in accordance with the requirements of each project/client. The role involves visualising characters, environments and creating storyboards. Must have a broad range of styles; real world as well as fantasy, sci-fi, stylized work.
Atomhawk Design Ltd is a world leading specialist in visual design, using the full breadth of digital media to communicate unique ideas for games, film and online. Our bespoke digital art and interactive design skills include creating outstanding concept art, intuitive user interfaces, inspired motion graphics, stunning marketing art and innovative interactive experiences.
· Creating concept art for characters, environments, objects to various levels of finish and time constraints.
· Mood and feeling of what the character/scene is about.
· Architecture – the layout and special proportions of a building, a good knowledge of architectural styles would be advantageous.
· Anatomy – basically a blueprint of how the character should be built. A “T-pose” or partial “T-pose” sketch.
· Material and texture drawings. These are drawings that have the material qualities of the surfaces in them. This includes the actual photographic blemishes in the face, tooth of the cloth, etc.
· Familiar with Photoshop and/or Painter, and a high capacity to learn new tools.
· Strong background in traditional art skills.
· Anatomical knowledge.
· Architectural knowledge.
· Good sense of light, form, tone, palette.
· Must be able to paint/sketch at speed.
· Time management..
Skills Considered a Bonus:
· Experience with 3D software (Max or Maya).
· Familiarity with videogames.
· Flash and Vector based design work.
· Animation knowledge.
Education and Experience:
· A portfolio that demonstrate an industry standard level of art.
· Relevant work experience is desirable.
· Professional art training is desirable.
In addition to having a good foundation of artistic ability, the role requires working as part of a team and so enthusiasm and good communication skills are desirable.
Please send your CV and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com. Please ensure you put the job title and your name as the subject heading.