UX DESIGNER - TRION WORLDS
|Created:||Jul 12th 2012, 14:51|
SEEKING: UX DESIGNER
DEFIANCE™ is the first multi-platform shooter MMO that in a ground-breaking entertainment experience interconnects with a global television program on Syfy. The game combines the intense action of a console third-person shooter, with the persistence, scale, and customization of an MMO, while its TV counterpart exudes the scope, story, and drama of a classic sci-fi epic.
Being developed for the PC, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, DEFIANCE unites the MMORPG and Shooter game genres across the most popular platforms.
Trion Worlds is seeking a talented User Experience Designer to develop game interfaces for Defiance™, our multi-platform shooter MMO being developed in collaboration with Syfy.
· Provide comprehensive designs for the game’s graphical user interfaces, specifying layout, functionality, and flow
· Coordinate game-ready assets for use in user interfaces, such as textures, icons, and fonts
· Provide written descriptions of non-graphical user interfaces, such as mouse, keyboard, and gamepad controls
· Participate in general game design sessions
· Organize the information displayed across user interfaces
· Manage relationships with various design stakeholders
· Drive design process and create a good end-to-end experience
· Advocate and lead UX discussions; achieve best-possible designs
· Drive design thinking and champion the UX vision across the organization
· Facilitate for project teams throughout the design process, gathering actionable feedback and iterating at the appropriate levels
· Collaborate with other designers, program managers, and engineering teams, working to prioritize UX design
· 3+ years of experience in applied UX design, Strong written and verbal communication skills
· 3+ years of prototyping experience including a deep knowledge of designer tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator
· Undergraduate degree or equivalent certificates in interaction design, industrial design, graphic design, or other UX design-related field; Master’s degree preferred
· Experience working in a game development team as a user interface designer, artist, or game designer
· Experience developing websites, including knowledge of HTML
· Professional experience as an artist; logo design and layout skills
· Strong communication and presentation skills; ability to present design solutions for game UX
· Strong project management skills; ability to manage schedules and identify project needs and priorities
· Must be able to work collaboratively and drive design solutions across multiple teams
· Strong knowledge of PC and console games; familiarity with MMO and shooter games
· Passion for making great games!