ART OURSOURCE MANAGER- TRION WORLDS
|Created:||Jul 12th 2012, 14:44|
SEEKING:ART OUTSOURCE MANAGER
DEFIANCE™ is the first multi-platform shooter MMO that in a ground-breaking entertainment experience interconnects with a global television program on Syfy. The game combines the intense action of a console third-person shooter, with the persistence, scale, and customization of an MMO, while its TV counterpart exudes the scope, story, and drama of a classic sci-fi epic.
Being developed for the PC, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, DEFIANCE unites the MMORPG and Shooter game genres across the most popular platforms.
Trion Worlds is searching for an Art Outsource Manager to be the studio liaison between Trion and its outside art contractors. The Art Outsource Manager will work cooperatively with the Art Development Director and the Art Director to meet our outsourcing needs. He or she will be the point person for all contractor correspondence, interacting with them on a daily basis via email, phone, and video conference.
Develop and manage Trion studios' outsourcing capabilities for massively multiplayer games in development
Work closely with our Art Development Director and Art Director to deliver quality assets on time
Work with the project teams to establish and implement outsource-management procedures and pipelines
Manage providers' payment and milestone plans
Act as the primary contact point for communication and coordination with art outsource-houses
- Producer or project manager experience with a significant art background
- Minimum of two completed projects with senior production, project management, or art management experience
- Ability to evaluate and critique incoming art assets for our game engine and production pipeline
- Strong understanding of video games and the art-creation process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced with Maya and art-asset evaluation
- Experience with mainstream 3D software packages such as Maya, Max, and Softimage
- Knowledge of the current outsourcing market and its vital role in the game development industry
- Experience with Photoshop or Painter and Zbrush or Mudbox
- Familiarity with MMO games
- Online game experience and a passion for gaming