SR. ENVIRONMENT ARTIST
|Created:||Jul 11th 2012, 12:34|
DEFIANCE™ is the first multi-platform shooter MMO that in a ground-breaking entertainment experience interconnects with a global television program on Syfy. The game combines the intense action of a console third-person shooter, with the persistence, scale, and customization of an MMO, while its TV counterpart exudes the scope, story, and drama of a classic sci-fi epic.
Being developed for the PC, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, DEFIANCE unites the MMORPG and Shooter game genres across the most popular platforms.
Trion Worlds is seeking exceptional and passionate Senior Environment Artists to build fantastic settings for our Syfy Action MMO. Environment Artists will work with the Art Director, Lead Environment Artist, and the design and engineering teams to help determine the style for our AAA-quality worlds.
· Work with the Lead Artist, Lead Environment Artist, Art Director, designers, programmers, and concept artists on design projects, from early concept stages to completion of assets
· Work with Lead Environment Artist and designers to create final art for terrain, dungeons, and objects, optimizing assets to run at desirable frame-rate and fit within memory limitations
· Communicate to leads when support is necessary to meet design goals
· Carry out specified art style determined by the Art Director and Lead Environment Artist, working to accomplish visual consistency and quality within the game
· Communicate any major problem areas, expectations, or desired modifications to the Lead Environment
· Assist in the successful creation of the following assets, in accordance with approved concept art and within scheduled timeframes: environment models, UV mapping, lighting, and shader setups (including all applicable texture maps)
· Ensure all assets are clean and organized within each file, file structure, and storage
· Keep abreast of changes and improvements made to the game engine and production pipeline during development
· Work with lead artists, technical artists, and tools programmers to create and augment environment workflow to increase production efficiency
· Assist and mentor fellow environment artists in the following tasks: modeling, texturing, lighting, optimization, time management, art and design problems, technical issues, etc.
· Minimum 6 years industry experience in a related position; Minimum 3 titles shipped with credit in the role of environment artist
· Portfolio or reel containing examples of the following: Traditional art samples showing a strong understanding of color theory and shape design; 3D modeling, texturing, and lighting, including examples of interior architecture, exterior architecture, organic environments, and prop objects
· Excellent working knowledge of Maya and Photoshop.
· Excellent working knowledge of the environment production pipeline, including: memory/poly/texture limitations, building collision, building streaming/loading levels, character, and level lighting, etc.
· Working knowledge of game engines and artist tools
· Strong work ethic and attention to detail
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Art-related college degree: BA or BFA
· Experience with next-gen art asset creation pipelines
· Experience with Zbrush or Mudbox
· Knowledge of basic rigging and animation within Maya
· Knowledge of effects animation and particle systems
Please submit resume to: www.TrionWorlds.com/careers
Include your resume, cover letter and the following information (if available/applicable) your LinkedIn website and portfolio, along with your desired salary and how you learned about the open position