Lead CG Artists
|Created:||Jun 19th 2012, 11:28 by michellebmill|
The Mill is a world-leading commercial VFX house with offices in the world’s most important advertising hubs; London, NY and LA. Our passion is for great ideas, beautifully executed, that engage audiences irrespective of platform, device or venue. We collaborate with groundbreaking directors, creative agencies and visionary brands, who trust us to bring their ideas to life. We value the two-way nature of these partnerships, understanding that our clients give us opportunities to improve our craft and astound their audiences. Though we are renowned for our unrivalled creative expertise, we are just as inventive with our workflow solutions and pride ourselves on our impeccable account management and client service.
The NY office is currently looking for Lead CG Artists and Supervisors with at least 7-10 years experience. Lead CG Artists are key elements of our creative team, and the ideal candidates will possess the following skills and capabilities.
· Is able to manage large projects and coordinate the VFX output and quality control, from initial conception to completion of the project.
· Must work closely with other departments, such as 2D, design and production.
· Must work closely with the client to ensure the clients’ requirements are met and that the client is guided effectively through the creative process.
· Works as a shoot attend, advising production and clients on set and all areas of on-set supervision.
· Liaise with the London and Los Angeles offices to encourage knowledge sharing, planning and cohesion.
· Must continually research, develop and adapt new and current ideas and techniques to ensure they remain innovative and at the forefront of our industry.
· Must represent The Mill within and externally such as industry events.
Skills and Experience:
· Minimum 7 years experience, preferably in commercials
· Must be client facing.
· Degree in computer graphics preferred
· Advanced knowledge of Maya or XSI crucial
· Mental Ray and Arnold preferred
· Linux operating systems knowledge as well as experience of OSX and Windows.
· Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and ideally Nuke
· An understanding of all facets of 3D, i.e. hair dynamics, animation rigging/set-up and CG character animation, modelling, texturing and lighting.
If you are interested in applying please send your reels with shot breakdowns to email@example.com with Lead CG Artist in the subject line.