Darkside Games, Inc.
Environment Concept Artist
|Created:||May 25th 2012, 16:54 by darkart0013|
Darkside Games Studios is looking for an exceptionally skilled Environment Concept Artist. The ideal candidate has experience developing concepts for a diverse visual range of environment prop assets to fully realized scenes. An exceptional understanding of industrial design, form, structure, color, and light is essential, as is a creative imagination. The concept artist should have a basic understanding of game art creation (low-poly modeling and texturing) and be well-versed in related tools-- Photoshop, Painter, Maya, etc. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers and are passionae about making great games.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Must be able to communicate with the Art Director and accept criticism
- Must have ability to create fast thumbnails that will help establish an idea
- Needs to be able to complete a number of fleshed out concepts to help the art team in game asset creation
- Needs to be able to complete a number of fleshed out concepts to help the design team in game level creation
- A minimum of 2 years experience in game development as an environment concept artist
- Exceptional ability in Photoshop, Painter, etc.
- A basic understanding of using Maya (or equivalent 3D package)
- A keen eye towards form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regards to illustration and design
- Superior eye for light, value, composition, color, staging, and detail in environmental design
- Able to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to the finished illustration and an understanding of translating these ideas to real-time game environments
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, andagrea team-player attitude
- Able to work creatively as part of a large or small group
- A passion for video games
- Skill in one or more of the releated creation tasks -- modeling, texturing, etc.
- Have shipped AAA PC or Console titles as a concept artist
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts including, but not limited to, industrial design, landscape painting, and illustration
Please submit cover letter, resume, and reels (online preferred) with samples of your professional work along with a breakdown of your specific contributions to firstname.lastname@example.org- please list "Environment Concept Artist" in the subject line.