Gameloft - New Orleans Studio
Social Game Designer
|Created:||May 22nd 2012, 09:53 by GameloftNOL|
Are you passionate about video games? Do you want to keep progressing in an exciting, dynamic culture? Interested in working for a world class company in a fun and rewarding environment in New Orleans? Then Gameloft is the company for you!
With offices in 30 countries in Europe, North America and Asia and over 5,000 people, Gameloft, a worldwide publisher and developer of digital and social games, is seeking a skilled and motivated Social Game Designer to join their existing talent pool creating great social games. As a key member of the development team, you’ll take charge of the initial concept and game design directly through final delivery. Your responsibility will be to design iPhone and mobile games that will be played and loved by a mass number of players. The Social Game Designer will have a keen understanding of why people want to play together with friends and what motivates them to promote the game to their friends.
Why do you want to work for Gameloft?
- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Fun, passionate and creative studio with a relaxed, casual atmosphere
- International environment which offers daily contact with other countries & cultures
- Challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in gaming
Previous hit Gameloft games on iPhone include Oregon Trail, Hero of Sparta I & II, NOVA, Avatar, Dungeon Hunter, NFL 2010, Real Soccer 2010, New York Nights, Assassin’s Creed, Terminator Salvation, Asphalt 5, Let’s Golf, Gangstar 1 &2, just a few of the 300 games that Gameloft has created since its inception.
This position is based in New Orleans, an international metropolis just waiting to provide inspiration and fascination for you! So what are you waiting for? Don't miss out on this great career opportunity and be a part of a dynamic and international video-games studio!
This role requires someone who is an expert in creating accessible and entertaining user experience. The ideal candidate also understands the difference between player types and is able to design game features that will drive people to interact with each other.
- As Social Games Designer, you will be responsible for the design of top social games on platforms like Facebook and other social networks
- Design social mechanics for core gameplay and improve user experience for existing ones to boost virality and social retention
- Define priorities and follow implementation with the teams: producers, artists, developers and writers
- Research competitors and internal products to create benchmark, best practices and pitches for new social concepts
- Analyze the evolution of metrics you’ve defined to spot both viral bottlenecks and facilitators, then report suggestions for the game design or strategy accordingly
- Work with the team to define the creative vision and fun factor
- Work closely with members of the production team to execute design and continue to evolve and improve the design ongoing over time
- 2+ years of experience in designing multiplayer games or social network applications
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Deep and up-to-date knowledge of the free-to-play market and social media, both web-based and on smartphones
- Master of UI and flow prototyping tools (Flash, Visio)
- Passion for all types of multiplayer games: board games, sports, MMO, ARG, street games, gambling and all genres of videogames
- Previous experience as community manager
- Degree in Psychology, Sociology or Cognitive Science
- Good understanding of the network architectures: client/server, turn-based/real-time
Chosen qualified candidates will be asked to complete an assessment.