Gameloft - New Orleans Studio
Lead Game Designer
|Category:||Lead game designer|
|Created:||May 22nd 2012, 09:51 by GameloftNOL|
With offices in 30 countries in Europe, North America and Asia and over 5,000 people, Gameloft, a worldwide publisher and developer of digital and social games, is seeking a gifted Lead Game Designer to help create the next generation of exciting new iOS games. This position will work with imaginative design teams to create a wide range of new game IP. As a key member of the development team, you’ll take charge of the initial concepts and game designs and see them through to final delivery.
Why do you want to work for Gameloft?
- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package
- Fun, passionate and creative studio with a relaxed, casual atmosphere
- Challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in gaming
Previous hit Gameloft games on iPhone include Oregon Trail, Hero of Sparta I & II, NOVA, Avatar, Dungeon Hunter, NFL 2010, Real Soccer 2010, New York Nights, Assassin’s Creed, Terminator Salvation, Asphalt 5, Let’s Golf, Gangstar 1 &2, just a few of the 300 games that Gameloft has created since its inception.
This position is based in New Orleans, an international metropolis just waiting to provide inspiration and fascination for you. So what are you waiting for? Don't miss out on this great career opportunity and be a part of a new international video-games studio!
- Design creative, exciting and fresh gameplay and content for original games
- Establish and drive a dynamic creative vision
- Lead, manage and mentor our talented game design team members
- Block out and create playable 3D worlds
- Complete benchmarking & competition research
- Communicate with production to ensure appropriate and effective scheduling
- Collaborate with design teams to produce innovative ideas for new concepts and existing design issues
- Communicate with development teams and produce quality design documentation to ensure your creative vision is fulfilled
- 4+ years of professional game design experience as a lead for console or mobile platforms
- Experience with design software (MS Word, Excel, Visio, Adobe Photoshop, etc), 3D tools and engines
- Proficient in all aspects of game design, including gameplay, level design, game structure, balancing, and reward systems
- Ability to prototype ideas via standard tools like Photoshop, Flash, Sketch-up, 3D Studio Max, Unity, UDK, Blitz, etc.
- Familiar with C++ and JAVA
- High visual creativity and passion for developing video games
- Knowledge of current design & entertainment trends
- Excellent knowledge of wireless devices - encyclopedic knowledge of iPhone would be a huge plus!
- Knowledge and appreciation of classic console video games, their flagship titles and their audience would be an asset
- BS or higher in Computer Engineering or Computer Science a plus
Chosen qualified candidates will be asked to complete a design assessment.