Gameloft - New Orleans Studio
|Created:||May 22nd 2012, 09:48 by GameloftNOL|
Are you passionate about video games? Do you want to keep progressing in an exciting, dynamic culture? Interested in working for a world class company in a fun and rewarding environment in New Orleans? Then Gameloft is the company for you!
With offices in 30 countries in Europe, North America and Asia and over 5,000 people, Gameloft, a worldwide publisher and developer of digital and social games, is seeking Senior Programmers to join its existing talent pool. As a member of our engineering team, you will be in charge in the full cycle development of video games for mobile & iPhones from start to finish. Day to day responsibilities include development, writing and debugging of code, integrating graphic, sound, and networking components.
Why do you want to work for Gameloft?
- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Fun, passionate and creative studio with a relaxed, casual atmosphere
- International environment which offers daily contact with other countries & cultures
- Challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in gaming
Previous hit Gameloft games on iPhone include Oregon Trail, Hero of Sparta I & II, NOVA, Avatar, Dungeon Hunter, NFL 2010, Real Soccer 2010, New York Nights, Assassin’s Creed, Terminator Salvation, Asphalt 5, Let’s Golf, Gangstar 1 &2, just a few of the 300 games that Gameloft has created since its inception.
This position is based in New Orleans, an international metropolis just waiting to provide inspiration and fascination for you! So what are you waiting for? Don't miss out on this great career opportunity and be a part of a dynamic and international video-games studio!
- Programmer in all relevant technical languages (C/C++)
- Analyze existing 3D functions in the engine and adapt them so they are compatible with current conventions
- Support 3D functions and systems conceived for the production
- Program tools necessary for other interventions
- Work in conjunction with game developers and design teams to determine constraints of the game and put all the elements together
- Optimize as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 4+ years of professional programming experience (Strong knowledge of Java / C / C++)
- Knowledgeable in 3D rendering algorithms (Strong 3D math skills)
- Experience in 3D graphics engine programming in games
- In depth knowledge of OpenGL
- Ability to optimize code size and speed to maximize the capabilities of each platform
- Program in a methodical and structured manner
- Highly self-motivated with a passion for video games
- Self starter and creative thinker who enjoys working on a team
- Demonstration of significant hobby game development or professional experience
- Strong personal interest in videogames and a solid understanding of the associated culture
- Good communication skills
You’ll earn brownie points for:
- Strong knowledge of video games, mobile phones and iPhones.
- 3D programming experiences on iPhone, Xbox, PS3, PSP and DS would be a plus.
Chosen qualified candidates will be asked to complete a skills assessment.