Darkside Games, Inc.
Senior 3D Character Artist
|Created:||Nov 4th, 18:25 by darkart0013|
Darkside Games Studios is looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior 3D character artist for a team developing a next-generation title. The ideal candidate has extensive experience designing, modeling, and texturing a diverse visual range of characters and creatures. A solid grasp of character design, anatomical form, structure, color, and light for the creation of both 2D and 3D art assets is essential. The 3D character artist must have a skill in another art task as well (illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, or concept drawing), and be well-versed in related tools -- Maya, Mudbox, Photoshop, etc.
- This digital sculptor will be responsible for making million poly models game ready, and support highest-res characters for renderings- This individual will create clean, deformable and efficient models, extract normal maps from high-res versions and sculpt morph targets for use within a Maya or Max/ZBrush pipeline
- Should be able to set the bar quality-wise so that other artist can follow his lead- Has great understanding of time and knows how to prioritize
- Understands well the limitations and specifics of assigned project- Can teach others what they know
- Must be able to communicate with the Art Director and accept criticism
- 4 years’ experience in game development modeling and texturing characters using Maya and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- Experience with Mudbox, ZBrush, (or equivalent modeling program) and the process of converting high-poly sculpted characters into lower-poly game models
- An exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy and a keen eye toward form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling and character design
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps of different material types
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Skill in one or more of the related creation tasks -- illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, or concept drawing
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a 3D character artist- Experience with the creation of next-gen shaders and materials
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing and illustration
Please submit cover letter, resume and reels (online preferred) with samples of your professional work along with a breakdown of your specific contributions to email@example.com - please list "Senior 3D Character Artist" in the subject line.