|Created:||May 15th 2012, 12:49 by abriones|
Carbine Studios is looking for an Effects Artist. Candidates will be responsible for creating eye popping in-game visuals that range from character and creature abilities to environmental effects. For this position, we are more interested in creativity and passion than years of experience. Candidates should be comfortable collaborating with designers and animators to see their work implemented in game.
WildStar has a high personality style that provides many opportunities for a motivated effects artist to flex their creative muscles. Come join us and help us push the effects in WildStar to new levels.
- A passion for visual effects, creating and playing games
- Knowledgeable in creating real-time particle effects, for in-game assets
- Understanding of the fundamentals of animation
- Strong traditional and digital art skills
- Ability to create hand-drawn flipbook style effects and textures
- Solid familiarity with 3D and 2D packages (ie. Maya, Softimage XSI, Photoshop)
- Must be able to work within an established art style
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Self motivated, with strong work ethic
- 2+ years videogame industry experience
An online portfolio is required for consideration.
- Previous game development experience as an Effects Artist
- MMORPG development experience
A casual, friendly work environment, com
To apply for this job, please go to our job website at: http://www.carbinestudios.com/en/jobs/1161/Effects-Artist
A comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes Carbine Studios a great place to work.