|Created:||Jun 12th 2012, 08:36 by neptunz|
This is a startup company in the emerging social gaming space. This is a chance to get in on the ground floor and is intended for someone tired of the same old day-to-day grind. We are looking for people with a strong ability to get things done. All team members are responsible for more than just creating products. Their ideas help shape both our products and our processes. We aren’t looking for someone to just pump out documents, we want someone who can also learn from us the things we know, and teach us some of the many we don’t.
Jogonaut is seeking a highly talented game artist to join a driven team. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced start-up environment, is capable of making strong creative contributions in a highly collaborative environment and brings a unique – as well as mature, critical & analytical – perspective from their past experience to make social and mobile games that millions will enjoy.
Candidate must demonstrate extensive experience in character and environment 2D illustration and solid Illustrator, Photoshop and Painter skills. The candidate will be responsible for a broad range of deliverables: concept sketches and graphical prototypes to feed early-stage product development, interface and visual design, and final polished assets for our social games, features and web properties. Candidate needs to be highly prolific and able to quickly iterate on several concepts before developing final assets. The candidate needs to be technically savvy and have a good understanding of how to process and prepare assets for use by engineers in social networking games and websites. The Candidate should be able to work within a wide range of styles and be able to develop art that is approachable, playful and compelling, but not childish. The right person for this position has excellent organizational and managerial skills, a great imagination, a healthy work ethic and a great sense of humor. Please check out our website - http://jogonaut.com and our game - http://apps.facebook.com/ojoagent/ to have an idea for our style. However, we are open to a more intricate, more painterly style with more depth.
- Must have expert proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and Corel Painter or similar software
- Have a strong design sensibility, and mastery of color, contrast and composition.
- Ability to work in a video game / comic book style
- Excellent character development
- Must have exceptional traditional life drawing and painting skills
- Knowledge of anatomy, perspective and use of color is essential
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organization
- Must be able to mimicking pre-existing art styles to a certain extent
- Must be able to develop new art styles
- Must be able to develop branding based illustrations
- Must be able to work closely with Creative Director and Development Team
- Experience with 3D packages, Maya, 3DS Max, etc. a plus
- Competitive salary, benefits, health insurance, stock options and much more
- Office located in Deerfield Beach right on A1A - enjoy views of the beach and a great happy hour scene
- Work with cutting edge technology
- Work for a fast growing, high-tech company
- Work in a casual yet fast paced environment that appreciates a good entrepreneurial attitude
Please submit your portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org