3D Art Director
|Created:||Jun 4th 2012, 02:17 by Gameloft-bcn|
Our Barcelona studio is looking for a 3d Art Director who can contribute to our commitment to fully exploit the outstanding graphics performance and processing power of the newest hand-held platforms.
3D Art Director
Under the responsibility of the Senior Creative Director, Senior Art Director and Studio Manager, you will have to:
- Lead, mentor and supervise multiple art teams in creating 3D games.
- Define and then showcase the art direction of games during the pre-production phase.
- Maintain the consistency of the art style during all steps of development;
- Control and establish development guidelines for every aspect of art production: characters, environments, animations, cinematics direction, special fx and post-processing, user interface design
- Ensure the quality follow-up in the production process, while taking into account the technical and scheduling requirements of art production.
- Collaborate with the Technical Director in defining and streamlining technology solutions and art production pipelines.
- Maintain effective communication with supervisors, team artists and other departments within the company to manage expectations and results
- Take active part in the recruitment and evaluation process of the Studio
- You are highly motivated; with a deep passion for video games
- You have 4-6 years experience as Art Lead or Technical Art Lead
- Previous Art Director experience showcased by a published AAA title is greatly appreciated.
- Ability to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to the finished product
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts
- Track record in delivering excellent work while managing dynamic, competing priorities
- Hands-on previous experience in any major CG art field is a must (Concept art or 3D modelling, for example).
- You have a proven experience in working with 3Dstudio Max (or Maya) and Zbrush.
- You have a deep understanding of shading, post-processing and advanced mapping techniques.
- You have a “lead by example” work phylosophy
- We are seeking for an experienced, autonomous and versatile profile.
The position is full time, based in Barcelona, Spain.
The projects in development cover the entire range between developing new IPs, sequels to successful Gameloft franchises and licensed titles. Primary target platforms are current and next-generations of smartphones and tablets.
The offer includes relocation assistance, a merit based salary progression system and a competitive initial salary package.
Please send your application (CV + a few samples of significant work + address of personal web site, if you have one), under the reference "3DARTDIRECTOR", to GLBarcelonafirstname.lastname@example.org