UI Artist @ Kabam
|Category:||UI & Tools|
|Created:||Jun 18th 2012, 15:43 by Watercooler|
Kabam is growing and we’re growing quickly.
With offices in the Bay Area and internationally, we are growing at an exponential rate and this is just the beginning. We’re building games that are changing how social games are played and the success of our games has established us as a definitive leader in the strategic massively multi-player social gaming space.
Our studio business model allows us to sustain a startup culture that empowers you to drive change and create and own the outcome of your contributions – contributions that impact millions of gamers daily.
Think you have what it takes to make real games? We want to meet you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
At Kabam, small teams of artists, designers, and engineers work together to collaborate on exciting games. The UI Artist/Designer will explore and create the look and feel of the interface for one of our titles, contributing with anything from concept sketches and mock-ups to finished production-ready art for use in a game using Photoshop, Flash, and/or Illustrator.
You'll take direction from the art lead, work with producers to take finished design documentation and wireframes to a visual polish, meet with the team to talk about and show off your work, make changes as needed, and work with engineers to ensure that your work is properly implemented into the game.
* Designing mock-ups/iterations using Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash
* Creating clear and attractive messaging, buttons, icons, widgets, and other UI elements which work well within tight fixed aspect ratios, and with a wide variety of game themes, from cheerful and casual to gritty and more targeted at core gamers
* Collaborating with the art lead to provide UI style guides for new titles to ensure product consistency
* Working with engineering to ensure artwork is accurately and consistently represented in the game
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
* 1-3 years practical art/design experience working in interactive media and/or games
* Solid understanding of UI design best practices and interaction design fundamentals
* Ability to translate flow charts and wireframes into fun, usable, visually polished UI systems
* Strong desire to collaborate with producers and designers outlining player flows and wireframes
* Expert knowledge of Photoshop; strong skills in Flash and Illustrator
* Strong cross-functional communication skills: verbal, written and visual
* Ability to produce high quality work quickly, iterating toward the best solutions
* Strong passion for gaming
* Experience working on consumer websites focused on virtual goods is a plus
* Other drawing, illustration and 3D skills a plus
To send us your information, click here. Please make sure to include your portfolio: NO APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT WORK SAMPLES OR A LINK TO A PORTFOLIO.
Check out what is like at Kabam on our Facebook page - Life@Kabam
Keep updated with us and Follow us on Linkedin!
Note to Candidates:
Kabam does not accept paper applications at this time and requests that all candidates submit their information online by either applying directly to an open requisition or submitting a general profile.
Note to Placement and other 3rd party Agencies:
Kabam does not accept unsolicited agency resumes sent to our website or to any Kabam employee, and will not incur fees to any third party agency as a result. If there is a need for third party agency assistance, then a representative from the Recruiting team will contact you.