3D Environment modeller Barcelona
|Created:||Jul 13th 2012, 03:13 by Gameloft-bcn|
Gameloft Ibérica is hiring 3D artists of senior or lead experience level, interested to work in our Barcelona studio.
Our 3D R&D division is looking for talented artists who can contribute to our commitment to fully exploit the outstanding graphics performance and processing power of the newest hand-held platforms.
The line between home console and portable gaming device is aggresively blurred with the new generations of smartphones, touchphones and console handheld platforms being released in 2011.
Hardware technology on smartphones and consoles has made signifficant leaps and continues to evolve exponentially. Gameloft is ideally positioned to take full advantage of these new opportunities in our pursuit of bridging portable gaming with home-console quality expectations.
Naturally Gameloft’s technology solutions, workflow pipeline and team profiles constantly expand in order to accommodate a wider, more flexible range of artist profiles and specialisations.
The position below might suit you whether you excel at 3D low poly or hi-poly sculpting.
Looking forward to hear from you!
Role and responsibilities:
• Modelling in-game environments based on concepts, 3D mock-ups and art direction specifications
• Modelling and texturing levels props for existing levels
• Coordinate closely with the design teams in the level implementation process
• Modelling key level landmarks and props in high-poly
• Defining shader effects and material properties for props and environment features
• Coordinate with the Lead Artist in implementing final light rigging for the levels
• Works under the supervision of the Art Director, Lead Designer and Lead Artist
• Knowledge in 3ds Max and Photoshop
• Flexible in adapting to different graphic styles (cartoon or realistic for example)
• Knowledge in video game art standards
• High poly modelling/sculpting ability
• Previous modelling experience on a published title
• Experience with related specialisations: light rigging, concept illustration, texture creation, height maps, shaders, etc.
• 3D generalist knowledge and experience with any 3D program
- The opportunity to work and learn in a professional environment, with people who have a passion for making great games.
- We offer a supportive working climate, a young and dynamic team with a free communication style and also the possibility to reward outstanding performances fairly.
- Motivating salary, long-term contract and a merit pay system.
Interested applicants should send their CV and samples or demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference: 3d environment modeller