Graphic / UI Artist
|Created:||Feb 15th, 04:46 by DeepSilver|
At Deep Silver Publishing, you will take some of the most exciting brands to the next level. Be part of our international team, where innovation, passion, and individual contribution are valued and rewarded. If you are a success-oriented and proven high achiever with a high willingness to learn and grow, you’ll fit right in to our flat organization.
The Graphic / UI Artist position requires the creation of creative and visually inspiring layouts for online and offline purposes. Working on multiple high-profile titles, he will support the Art Director and our development teams in guiding and refining a strong artistic vision combined with a high usability for our most exciting games. He reports directly to the Art Director or his assistant.
- Work independently on major design initiatives
- Ensure a compelling user experience across titles
- Consult our creative producers and development studios with regards to usability
- Collaborate with game play designers, story writers, game writers, and other internal and external project members to deliver on a unique gaming experience
- Assist Game Designers in executing and documenting the creative vision, from high concept to complete GDD
- Ensure a high standard with regard to layout and visual appeal across presentations through our department’s enhancement
- Meet project deadlines / milestones as set by the Producer and Art Director
- Inspire people with your ideas and creative input
- Interact positively and effectively with employees at all levels within the organization, as well as with customers, prospects, and vendors
- Develop print materials for both internal and marketing usage
Primary Skills and Abilities
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Graphics Design or Media Design from an accredited school
- Outstanding portfolio that demonstrates a strong graphic design skill especially with regard to the design of user interfaces
- Experience with user experience methods and tools
- Affinity to modern and contemporary graphics design trends
- Good knowledge of typography and font usage
- Fine sense for usage of color
- In depth knowledge of handling dynamic resolution related layout issues
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion for video games
- Familiarity with industry standard tools and software
- Ability to work in a broad range of visual styles
- Patience and a strong sense of humor
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
- Experience in the game industry
- Basic pre-press knowledge/experience would be welcome
- Full time, permanent
- Based in Munich, Germany – strictly no freelancers!
- International applications are welcome!
About Deep Silver
Deep Silver is an independent worldwide developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software.
Based in Munich, Germany, we are developing and publishing content for all current gaming platforms, including home video game consoles such as the Microsoft Xbox 360®, Nintendo Wii™, Sony PlayStation® 3 and handheld platforms such as Nintendo’s DS™ and Sony’s PSP® (PlayStation® Portable) system, tablets, smartphones and personal computers.
Deep Silver’s product strategy is focused on delivering innovative, high-quality games to core gamers. Our internally created franchises include the groundbreaking Dead Island™, Risen™, Ride to Hell™ and Sacred™ - amongst many others
Interested candidates please send your complete application including your portfolio, your desired salary and how you learned about the open position to:
Koch Media GmbH
Lochhamer Str. 9
- a selection of 10 to 15 pictures, which should represent your best artworks
- if you don´t have a website, all files should be organized and send within one PDF file
- the portfolio should show examples of GUI designs or screenshots from GUI for games
- logo design experience is a must
- examples of usage of typography and color should be presented as well