- 'League Of Legends - Get Jinxed' (3D)
& 2 new images by rodia !!!
- 'archeahe alexander' (2D)
& 4 new images by waterlon !!!
- 'Killzone-shadow fall- sinclair -wrinkle maps' (3D)
& 5 new images by FrankTzeng !!!
- 'Big Doge' (2D)
by bopchara !!!
- 'Live Action PATLABOR' (3D)
by BenMauro !!!
- 'Promotion Illustration for Kingdom under fire2' (2D)
& 3 new images by gpzang !!!
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: Mar 2010
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Entry Level Character Art Temp - Vigil Games
06-04-2011, 12:06 AM
Entry Level Character Art Temp (specializing in weapon and armor creation)
To apply, please send a copy of your resume to Jobs@Vigilgames.com
Vigil Games is in need of in-house temporary artists to work on weapons and armor for Warhammer 40,000 - Dark Millennium Online. We are seeking artists who are looking to break into the industry and/or wanting to build upon their portfolio in an environment that fosters learning and real world experience. This is an excellent opportunity for artists looking to establish work experience in a AAA studio.
Ideal Candidates will have a strong understanding of sculpting and painting and the desire to learn the character creation pipeline. The primary duties will entail the creation of weapons, armor, and some environment props. Candidates should have an exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, color, detail, and silhouette in regard to modeling and texturing. Our Character Art Temps work closely with the Character Lead, Art Director, Producer, and other members of the character art team to ensure that we maintain a high level of quality within the Mobiles Department. This role is a temporary position via a staffing firm at the rate of $10/hour. The initial contract is 6 months with an option to extend the contract to a year based on performance. Temporary positions do not offer relocation.
ABOUT VIGIL GAMES
Vigil Games was founded in 2005 by world renowned comic artist Joe Madureira and video game industry veteran David Adams. In 2006, we became a member of the THQ family. Vigil’s recent release, Darksiders, available on current generation console systems, has achieved both critical acclaim and solid retail sales. The studio facility is located in the beautiful hills of Austin, TX. While always striving to be a world class game development house, Vigil also provides an exciting, fun, and creative work atmosphere.
• Proxy Creation of weapons
• Model and texture high quality 3D weapons and armor
• Use our proprietary toolset to get the finished assets into the game
• Perform collision passes, optimizations, and other art tasks as directed
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
• Strong Organization Skills
• Strong concept, sculpting, modeling, and texturing skills
• Knowledge of 3DS Max and ZBrush
• Experience using Adobe Photoshop
• Superior eye for color and detail
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Ability and willingness to accept and follow direction, collaborate productively with others, multitask effectively, and work to meet established deadlines
**** Please note we have multiple temporary positions open.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|The Entry Call of 2010 Shanda Games Is Closed||YUESAILW||Lounge||0||02-14-2011 10:24 AM|
|The Entry Call of 2010 Shanda Games Is Closed||YUESAILW||Industry news||0||02-14-2011 10:19 AM|
|Double Helix Games hiring Sr. Character Artists!!||Andino||Paid Jobs||0||11-03-2010 06:59 PM|
|San Diego FX studio looking for entry level production artists.||Barry_Sandrew||Jobs||1||04-29-2010 10:08 PM|
|Jam #2: temp - jocz||jocz||3D Jams Archive||2||10-06-2009 10:34 PM|