Deadline: Feb. 25 11:59
Planet Nimn is 78% covered in tropical rain forests and jungles, while the other 22% are large bodies of water. Nimn is slightly smaller than earth, making the gravity about three fourths the gravity of Earth. Life has taken root in this planet and flourishes. From space, the planet has a Greened Blue hue, as opposed to Earth's green forests. Similar to the jungles of Earth, Nimn has multiple layers of life living at different altitudes among the enormous spiraling tree like organisms.
Flora Color: Greened Blue
Nimn Luxea lives in the thick and heavy rain forests of Nimn. It lives in the upper canopy regions of the forest. During mating season, or when defending its self the Luxea creates a brilliant display with its body that is said to be simultaneously brilliant and terrifying. It attacks with tar like solution, which it uses to feed on significantly smaller creatures, such as rodent sized animals and large insects. Its mode of transportation is climbing, jumping and gliding between trees.
Here are some guide lines for the project to help you during the brainstorming process. These by no means need to be followed exactly
Arial and canopy hunter.
Individual creatures, although they mate for life.
Lay Eggs. Number of offspring: 3-4
Curious, and defend themselves when startled.
Active all year-round.
Guidelines: Create a 3D version of the Nimn Luxea while it is on display, either during mating season, defending itsself, or while hunting.
Remember, the focus is to improve, and to help others achieve that goal as well. Post often, crit often, and of course Have Fun!
Good luck everyone!
“Please don't keep everything secret, working on your image in private only to post it at the very last hour as a surprise. The point of sharing sketches and work in progress material is so everyone can learn from each other, receive crits, compliments and improve their skills in a classroom/workshop like environment. There are no teachers and no students per say, but try to offer help to others when possible. Please be open to receiving crits, and paint-overs or mock ups of your work, as we are all here to participate, have fun, learn, grow and enjoy what each week has to offer.” --Mike Corriero