Join Date: Oct 2011
Thanked 494 Times in 431 Posts
Anatomicae #31: Dude, where's my skin!?
07-17-2012, 05:15 AM
Spotlight Winner - TwoDD
Anatomicae #31 - Dude, where's my skin?!
Due Date: July 30th, 2012, 12:00 PM PST
Please make sure to visit the
Reference Image guidelines
How to Attach Images
Challengers! Hereth lie the rules for this round's challenge! Make sure to read them entirely!
"A Madman's Ramblings (Introduction)"
When I was younger, I always wondered how all the anatomy illustrations where almost identical, from head to toe. It's quite clear now that most of what differentiates ourselves from each other lies mostly on our book cover. However, who similar are we really under our skins? We'll figure it out on this challenge!
For a time I've been pondering on the suggestions some users made on the suggestion thread about doing self portraits or portraits from other cghubers and I decided, as I always tend to do, to take it a bit farther...so, for this round, we'll be doing skinless portraits! Let's get down to it!
Challengers will be tasked to sketch a self portrait of themselves or of another willing cghuber, once the sketch is completed, the challenger will paint the muscles of their face according to the sketch they did previously as a study of face construction and the muscles of the face. As a final entry for the challenge, a rendered skinless portrait will be required along with the sketch of the same portrait before the skin was taken off.
Rules and Requirements
- Challengers are required to show their WIP and Reference Materials. These challenges are an opportunity for all of us to make contact with other artists and be a part of a growing community and it would be unfair for the artists who are making an effort to share their work and ideas if you are allowed to enter the finals without participating in the WIP thread.
- Challengers are to paint a portrait of themselves or a fellow and willing cghuber without their skin. A clear full shot of the face without its skin is required along with a sketch of the same image before its skin was taken off.
Some Tips to get you on your way...
- Don't be shy! Post the best picture you have of yourself and have some fun skinning yourself!
- Even with studies as minute and detailed as face muscles, basic figures play a big role in aiding the artist reach a fair understanding on the construction of the anatomy of a face.
- Here are a couple reference images and some links of interest:
Have fun, guys, and welcome to round #31!
|The Following User Says Thank You to eternalfiresong For This Useful Post:|
|The Following User Says Thank You to Kayla For This Useful Post:|
|The Following User Says Thank You to ericmorrisbloom For This Useful Post:|
Join Date: Jul 2012
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
07-27-2012, 04:54 AM
1 - Worked on fleshing out more muscle
2 - Adjusted levels to cheat my way into rendering
3 - Color overlay + Further rendering
Join Date: Dec 2011
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
07-28-2012, 05:57 PM
I dont know if this has been posted before, but this is very helpful i think
you can see short animations of how the muscles move, it is helping me since the self portrait im planning to do has a really weird face haha.
|The Following User Says Thank You to Wla91 For This Useful Post:|
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Bold Dude ...||Geta-Ve||3D WIP||1||01-15-2012 03:27 AM|
|Donkey`s skin||CLAIREDELUNE||CGHUB & Imagine FX Bobby Chiu's Fairytales Re-Imagined 2D & 3D Art Challenge||2||08-04-2011 08:20 PM|
|2D_Donkey Skin - Love/Potion?||Krysten||CGHUB & Imagine FX Bobby Chiu's Fairytales Re-Imagined 2D & 3D Art Challenge||2||07-04-2011 05:34 AM|
|Drawing Jam #46 :: DUDE! WTF!||kovah||2D Drawing Jams||41||01-19-2011 05:45 PM|