- 'RYSE - Landing in Britannia' (2D)
& 6 new images by KARAKTER !!!
- 'Souvenir' (3D)
by marek_denko !!!
- 'Batman: Arkham Origins - Wayne Chemical - Waste Disposal' (2D)
& 7 new images by Calader !!!
- 'Noodles' (3D)
by Blaze !!!
- 'BREACH' (2D)
& 2 new images by DanielClarke !!!
- 'Ryse Oswald Environment' (3D)
& 10 new images by Zenpat !!!
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: Feb 2010
Thanked 49 Times in 43 Posts
3D Creature Planets #7 : Dungeons and Dragons : Monster Manual
03-02-2011, 07:43 PM
Challenge Starts March 5th, 12:00 am EST.
This month’s Challenge is FAN-ART based off of the Dungeons and Dragons - Monster Manual art.
Listed are some of the Monsters that I think are iconic to alot of Dungeons and Dragons campaigns. Especially the old-timers who have been playing since the 70's - 80's with the AD&D rules.
You don't have to adhere to these designs. Posted are some of the original Monster Manual drawings as well as some more recent interpretations of the same creatures.
(All images obtained from Google)
*** In no way does Wizards of the West Coast endorse or support this challenge. This challenge is to create FAN ART only. ***
- Keep the main design points of the monster
- Must be recognizable as original monster
- When starting post your monster name and image used as reference
- W.I.P.S. , post often to keep us updated and for feedback/ critiques.
- Use of any 3D program is fine, but Zbrush or Mudbox should be used for hi-res detail. Unlimited polycount.
1. Gelatinous Cube (fun to models the guy dissolving inside the cube)
3. Rust Monster
4. Mind Flayer
5. Displacer Beast
7. Mimics (treasure chests that grow arms or vicious teeth)
8. Hook Horror
9. Gnoll/ bugbear
11. Goblin/ hobgoblin
12. Umber Hulk
wizards.com link to a bunch of design sketches
You don't have to stick to this list either it is just to give you inspiration and direction. But they do need to be Dungeons and Dragons monsters.
Challenge Ends April 1st 11:59 pm EST.
Last edited by kryssmen; 03-07-2011 at 11:00 PM.
|The Following User Says Thank You to kryssmen For This Useful Post:|
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Creature Planets CPA #31 :: The Tuk-Tuk||Brynn_Metheney||Creature FORGE||42||02-07-2011 09:06 PM|
|Creature Planets CPA #30 :: The Scinos||Brynn_Metheney||Creature FORGE||46||01-16-2011 06:56 PM|
|Creature Planets CPA #23 :: The Eyr||Brynn_Metheney||Creature FORGE||27||10-25-2010 02:53 PM|
|Creature Planets CPA #20 :: The Ariedelius||Brynn_Metheney||Creature FORGE||55||09-16-2010 08:51 PM|