- 'Artemis -Cybernetic Organism-' (3D)
& 16 new images by Sengjoon !!!
- '300: Rise of an Empire - Big Wave' (2D)
& 4 new images by j_Stone !!!
- 'Chase' (3D)
by Essex !!!
- 'The Discovery' (3D)
& 3 new images by alp !!!
- 'biyao' (2D)
by zs1985 !!!
- CharacterFORGE 3D :: ROUND 029 :: INDUSTRIAL LIGHT MAGIC (3D)
Vote for your favorite entry !
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
|The Following User Says Thank You to ecanhoj For This Useful Post:|
Join Date: Dec 2012
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
12-22-2012, 02:00 PM
I'll have to disagree slightly with Gary Bedell on one point regarding the second image: while the fire pops nicely, the figure suddenly does not (when compared to the first). I do enjoy the richness of the costume color in the second, but I prefer the value contrast between FG and BG in the first. Just food for thought.
Either way, If this were my piece, here are a few things I might try:
- To clear up any muddiness, try cleaning up your fg figure's silhouette using a hard edge in places not obscured by fog.
- I agree with the earlier remarks about line quality and brushstroke. Try using cleaner, more confident strokes and shapes when painting the inner details.
- Keep your lightsources in mind. Make sure your lighting consistently reflects the source. For example, considering the position of the moon, the highlights on his hood and shoulder should be more intense, and perhaps not at all down towards his legs. Perhaps there is moonlight reflecting off the ground plane, however. Likewise w the flame sword near the ground. There should be an intense spot near the sword, with dramatic fall off.
- Don't be afraid to look at some photo-ref to paint the flame. Right now it feels arbitrary and a bit forced.
personal tutoring: www.conceptcritique.com
Last edited by donovanvaldes; 12-22-2012 at 02:17 PM.
|The Following User Says Thank You to donovanvaldes For This Useful Post:|
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Need Critique||Roninfang||Art Discussion||0||11-30-2012 08:25 AM|
|I Want Critique!||Al_Hasnawi||Concept & Illustration||3||02-22-2012 02:44 PM|
|critique||Ali-kiani-amin||Concept & Illustration||0||02-07-2012 06:24 PM|
|Critique||Ali-kiani-amin||Concept & Illustration||2||12-15-2011 10:51 AM|
|wants critique||hall48||Help & troubleshooting||0||07-15-2011 04:05 AM|