Join Date: Sep 2012
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
7th China (Beijing) International Student Animation Festival
09-20-2012, 04:01 PM
White Poplar Awards Call for Entries
1. Entry Categories
[Aniwow!2012] Awards have 4 categories. Entrants should indicate which categoryto apply for.
Any frame by frame or computer assisted moving pictures, which follows thedefinition of animation given by the ASIFA are qualified to this festival.
Digital compositing short film and motion graphics design, etc.
C. Interactive Design
Interactive web work (web design, E-magazine, interactive advertising, flash gameand interface design for mobile phone), interactive game design (PC game, mobilephone game) and interactive installation, etc.
D. Comic Art & Illustration:
A complete story represented by comic art or a clear theme represented by singleillustration (CG or hand-painted illustration)
� 1 White Poplar Award (20,000 RMB reward)
� 3 ASIFA China Award
� 1 Best Directing (5,000 RMB reward)
� 1 Best Screenplay (5,000 RMB reward)
� 1 Best Art Design (5,000 RMB reward)
� 1 Best Original Music (5,000 RMB reward)
� 1 Best Character Animation (5,000 RMB reward)
� 3 ACM SIGGRAPH Education Committee Prize for Excellent Student Work� 1 Best Digital Short Film (5,000 RMB reward)
� 1 Best Motion Graphics Design (5,000 RMB reward)
C. Interactive Design
� 1 Best Interactive Web work (5,000 RMB reward)
� 1 Best Interactive Game (5,000 RMB reward)
� 1 Best Interactive Installation (5,000 RMB reward)
D. Comic Art & Illustration
� 1 Best Comic Art (3,000 RMB reward)
� 1 Best Single Illustration (3,000 RMB reward)
E. iQIYI.COM Audience Choice Award
� 1 iQIYI.COM Audience Choice Award (10,000 RMB reward)
1. Submitted works must be finished from Jan. 1st 2011 to Sept. 28th 2012, includingworks made by students at universities and colleges (graduation work is applicable),and works made by universities/ colleges cooperated with companies (universities/colleges in priority).
2. Works previously entered for selection at China (Beijing) International StudentAnimation Festival cannot be taken into consideration.
3. Works can be registered either by individual or by team. But one entrant can onlysend 3 works maximum. Please indicate whether your works have already beenpublished before.
4. Each work should be finished by the author with full copyright. The author/artistwill be responsible for all legal issues. Co-produced works could be submitted withthe permission of all the other team members.
5. All content of the works must be not against the law in China. And it is stronglyprohibited that your works copy or imitate others. If you use other people’s work,please indicate the copyright, otherwise the festival has the right to cancel yourqualification of participating in the competition. Besides, if there is any negativeinfluence on the competition, the festival will declare the legal responsibility of therelated.
Selection process for [Aniwow!2012] awards is divided into Pre-Selection and FinalSelection. Works will be chosen to be presented in the official selection in
Pre-Selection. Award winners and nominees will be decided in Final Selection. TheJury is made up by famous animation and digital art professionals, experiencedscholars, senior managers in institutions related. During the judging process, we willstrictly follow the principle of equity. Works that get into the final round will beshown on the official websites of the festival, and the final prize will be announced inthe awarding ceremony. Award winners and directors whose work is selected for thefinal in the competition will be invited to present at the ceremony.
5. Format Requirements
1. Animation and VFX works are recommended in formats of MOV, AVI, MP4,WMV or SWF. Resolution should be no less than 720×576 or 720×480. High qualitycompressed or uncompressed works are preferred.
2. Interactive web works should have a certain theme based on the Internet or mobilenetwork. Entrants should submit completed interactive web work and an instructiondocument (See details in the application form).
3. There is no limitation in genre, platform and size for Interactive game works.Entrants should submit works with a still image of the game in format of JPG, avideo demo within 3 minutes and an instruction document, including user platform,software and instruction for players (See details in the application form).
4. Interactive installation works based on electronic aid (made up by such electroniccomponents as integrated circuit, transistor, radio tube, including computer, mobilephone, electronic and automatic control, etc) play roles via applying electronictechnology (including software). The installation art works emphasis on the
interactivity between user-computer or user-user, making users participate,
communicate or even immerse into it. Entrants should submit a picture of theinstallation in format of JPG, or send us the installation, demo show within 3 minutesand an instruction document, including user platform, software and instruction forplayers (See details in the application form).
5. Comic works should be compressed in format of TIFF or PSD only, and sizeshould be no less than A4, and resolution should be no less than 300dpi.
6. Make sure your submitted work can work. If there is any special requirement,please indicate it in the application form.
7. Entrants should check there is no virus in the work before submission. Workstaking virus cannot be taken into consideration.
(2) The director refers to entrant who has already fulfilled the entry procedure.The director should provide the factual information and identification. AlthoughCISAF cannot check the information authenticity strictly, CISAF will block anyentrants with false information during the festival.
(3) The work refers to the Animation or Comic work, academic thesis or the productions based on the selection that is made by the director following the statedway, no matter whether it will get a prize, the director will have the copyrightaccording to the < Copyright Law of the People’s Republic of China>.
(4) Publicity refers to publish the work in public according to the stated range. All thepublished work cannot be backspaced or deleted unless there is special situation.(5) CISAF will reject the work below:
a. Against the State law.
b. Instigate the ethnic hatred, ethnic discrimination, destroy the ethnic unify.
c. Insult or slander others, trespass others’ legal rights.
d. Other content which the law has banned
(6) For the sake of respecting the copyright, and protect the legal right of the director,all entrants should agree the declaration below:
I declare that I have the copyright of the work. I consent to the use of my animationand supporting stills for the publicity purposes of CISAF.
(7) All the work would not be sent back in principle, and the entrants should keep theoriginal edition.
(8) About plagiarism:
a. Plagiarism is defined as knowingly presenting the work or property of anotherperson as if it were one’s own.
b. CISAF doesn’t have sufficient ability to spy on plagiarism. However, if there is anyplagiarized work being founded, CISAF has the obligation to cancel the qualificationof the entrant. CISAF will not undertake any responsibility for plagiarism at otherplaces, and all the legal responsibilities will be undertaken by plagiarist himself.c. CISAF has the obligation to provide the background information of any person whomight have done plagiarism when the judiciary or the copyright owner require.d. Entrant who submits the work to CISAF will all be regarded as he agrees all policyabove. CISAF will not undertake the responsibility of breaching of faith or other legalresponsibilities, including not undertaking the responsibility of compensating to theentrant who has been canceled the qualification by CISAF because of not acceptingthe charge of infringement.
(9) Descriptions for iQIYI.COM Audience Choice Award
a. iQIYI.COM is the official internet media supporter for 7th China (Beijing)
International Student Animation Festival. Works shown on iQIYI.COM are only forpublicity and audience voting purpose instead of commercial purpose.
b. iQIYI.COM will provide protection against downloading and copying.
c. iQIYI.COM will set up a section for voting. One winner of Audience ChoiceAward will be decided by the voting of the audience. The deadline of voting is Oct.28th, 2012.
d. The winner will be announced at the Closing Ceremony of [Aniwow!2012] duringwhich the trophy and reward are conferred.
CISAF has the explanation right for all the information above. Anything that goesagainst the Law of the People’s Republic of China will follow the Law.
Organizing Committee for 7th China (Beijing)
International Student Animation Festival
Animation School，Communication University of China