- 'League Of Legends - Get Jinxed' (3D)
& 2 new images by rodia !!!
- 'archeahe alexander' (2D)
& 4 new images by waterlon !!!
- 'Killzone-shadow fall- sinclair -wrinkle maps' (3D)
& 5 new images by FrankTzeng !!!
- 'Big Doge' (2D)
by bopchara !!!
- 'Live Action PATLABOR' (3D)
by BenMauro !!!
- 'Promotion Illustration for Kingdom under fire2' (2D)
& 3 new images by gpzang !!!
||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: Oct 2011
Thanked 492 Times in 430 Posts
Anatomicae #25 - Birds of a Feather
04-09-2012, 11:31 PM
Anatomicae #25 - Birds of a Feather
Due Date: April 23th, 2012, 12:00 PM PST
Please make sure to visit the
Reference Image guidelines
How to Attach Images
Challengers! Hereth lie the rules for this rounds challenge! Read on...
"A Madman's Ramblings (Introduction)"
Da Vinci was one of the first who realized how complex the anatomy of birds are. Such wonderful and complex creatures, and yet we may overlook them without taking the time to truly understand the mechanics of these wondrous animals.
I think it's time we all sit down for a while and try to understand them, just like Da Vinci did so long before us, so get ready to soar high in the sky as we get to know these birds of a feather.
Challengers will be tasked to study the Skeletal Anatomy of a bird of their choice as well as its flight. The chosen bird must not be fantastical and must be able to fly (sorry, penguin lovers!).
Rules and Requirements
- Challengers are required to show their WIP and Reference Materials. These challenges are an opportunity for all of us to make contact with other artists and be a part of a growing community and it would be unfair for the artists who are making an effort to share their work and ideas if you are allowed to enter the finals without participating in the WIP thread.
- Challengers are to study the skeletal system of a bird of their choice. The skeleton can be posed any way the challenger wants, and doesn't need to be a fully rendered image (You can leave the skeleton as a pencil sketch in B&W, for example). However, this study must be part of the final entry.
-Challengers are to study the same bird in its flight. A single, fully rendered image of the bird while it's flying will be required as main final entry for this round. Challengers are open to include a background to this image, but it is not required.
Some Tips to get you on your way...
- Studying how the mechanics of the bird's flight will be key here, knowledge is your greatest companion always, take the time to study and understand how the wings, its feathers and the tail work together to make the bird fly.
- Starting from the skeletal system might give you a better understanding of how to flesh out the bird of your choice. There's a lot of reference material on the internet and, if everything fails, take a dive to your nearest library! Books have always been a great source of information!
- Take your time studying the anatomy of birds in general instead of going head on with drawing. Sometimes having knowledge of what you're about to paint pays a lot more than rushing in without knowing!
- Here are a couple of links of interest and reference images:
Have fun, guys, and welcome to round #25!
Last edited by Amaakir; 04-10-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Join Date: May 2011
Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts
now this is a fun challege,would do great in my porfolio
04-10-2012, 01:08 PM
ok guys hello there,lets see how many artist take part in this one
|The Following User Says Thank You to Amaakir For This Useful Post:|
Join Date: Jul 2011
Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
04-11-2012, 05:10 AM
Oh, and I think this site could be very useful.
Lots of reference.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
04-19-2012, 11:53 PM
Join Date: Feb 2011
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
04-20-2012, 01:30 PM
and heres what ive been working on (still wip), i suck at colors so im not sure yet if ill leave it b&w or not, well see...
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Last edited by Azalin; 04-20-2012 at 01:32 PM.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|New mod in Anatomicae :D!||JohnSilva||Anatomicae||6||12-06-2013 08:18 AM|
|Anatomicae #20 - Red Queen||choo||Anatomicae||44||11-25-2011 12:15 AM|
|Anatomicae #19 - Masquerade||choo||Anatomicae||21||11-02-2011 02:43 PM|
|Anatomicae #15 - Day of the Tentacle||choo||Anatomicae||39||08-25-2011 05:31 PM|
|Andrew-White Feather||astroAJ||Warriors 3D Challenge||0||10-24-2010 07:47 AM|