UPDATE: Share this news and get up to 60% off the retail price.
GroBoto peer•A•net Discount Only 2 Days Left.
We have Released GroBoto v3 for OS X. This is is a Major expansion of GroBoto into the areas of Modeling & Mesh Creation.
All of the details are included below.
Also, please check out my work here and on the ZBrush Central Forum to see what can be done with these tools.
My CGSociety Folio
My ZBrush Sketchbook Thread
The GroBoto Tools were much less developed when I did these, but still worth a look.
3D Jam#4 Kione
3D Jam#4 RimLizard
Braid Art Labs Announces GroBoto 3.0.0 For OS X
GroBoto v3 Site
GroBoto is available Universal binary for Mac OS X (10.4 or later), with a price of $100.00 (USD). A fully functional 30 Trial version is available.
This version is a Major expansion of GroBoto into the areas of Modeling & Mesh Creation. Braid Art Labs continues with it's focus on truly original Methods Tools & Technologies.
"GroBoto's new Tools & Technologies are Transcendent ." said Braid Co-Founder Darrel Anderson. "They elevate the Creative Process, freeing the artist to Design and Explore with simple, intuitive geometric primitives & booleans — while dramatically increasing productivity by automatically generating sophisticated meshes from arbitrarily complex forms."
For decades 3D Artist have been attracted to intuitive modeling with Simple Primitives, as well as the uniquely robust and powerful characteristics of Geometric Booleans. Unfortunately barriers remained between those systems and the ultimate goal, a High Quality Mesh.
The results were unreliable, inelegant systems, limited in scope.
GroBoto has succeeded in building systems that combine Real Time, True Geometry Boolean Editing with the capability of generating High Fidelity, Beautifully Structured Meshes — Automatically These systems are both Robust & Sophisticated — Able to Automatically Mesh any Arbitrary, Complex arrangement of Primitives & Booleans and further, to Smooth & Stylize those Meshes creating sublime forms.
GroBoto 3.0 Key Features (there are many more):
- Real Time Boolean Modeling & Editing in a Clean, Fully Rendered Workspace. True Primitives are used (not meshes), resulting in unparalleled complexity & subtlety of form.
- Flex Tools that allow broad 'range-of-influence' editing of complex arrangements of Primitives & Booleans.
- Intelligent, Snap, Align, Duplicate and Transform options that allow one to work naturally with the primitive forms keying on their innate properties and interrelationship.
- Fully Automatic Mesh Generation. All (or any subset) of GroBoto's Geometry is combined into a single, unified mesh 'shell' . All Boolean trims and intersections are tracked with ultimate precision and converted into our 'SeamNet' mesh.
- Mesh Density Control - locally and globally. True, procedural geometry means that meshes can be easily and automatically regenerated at different densities.
- OBJ Mesh Export includes all the precision Seams (multi-row edge loops) as well as special UVs for selecting/masking/manipulating the elegantly structured elements of the model in other 3D apps.
All of GroBoto v2's algorithmic creation tools are still present... transformed into much more pragmatic tools by the ability to better manipulate, and ultimately mesh and export for any 3D CG application.
Output to OBJ, TIFF, JPEG, BMP (PC), AVI (PC) and QuickTime (Mac).