Naughty Dog is hiring! We are the creators of Crash Bandicoot, Jak & Daxter, and Uncharted. We currently have two openings for texture artist in our art department.
∑ Develop textures for in-game environments including color maps, normal maps, speck masks, height maps, AO maps, detail maps and transparency maps
∑ Work with the graphics programmers to support the development of new shaders and looks
∑ Follow the established style set forward by the provided concept art and maintain visual consistency
∑ Collaborate with the tools team in order to communicate needs, generate tool requests and initiate support designed to facilitate the artistsí workflow
∑ Create simple as well as complex shaders
∑ Collaborate with 3D modelers and game designers to create levels
∑ UV map textures to polygonal surfaces
Requirements and Skills
∑ Great traditional drawing/painting skills
∑ A strong understanding of UV layout and texturing for games
∑ Proficient at texturing surface details and material effects on a wide variety of subject matter.
* Excellent eye for filling in missing detail from concept art, and extracting key features from real world reference.
* Comfortable with minimal direction and be flexible with realistic rendering styles.
* Experience with shader networks
* Strong Maya skills
* Ability to sculpt and paint highly detailed 3D and 2D images
* Ability to troubleshoot and adapt to new technologies/software quickly
* Obsessive attention to detail
Please send your resume and portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your portfolio please include three examples of your most impressive work. You may include Z-Brush/Mudbox, photoshop, and maya examples. Your resume must be in a .doc file and online portfolios are preferred. Best of luck!