CONAN THE CIMMERIAN
What you're supposed to do, in bullets.
NEW >- Because this has morphed into a tribute round, I've decided to open this up to any of the Conan stories, so feel free to illustrate Conan the Cimmerian, or any of the other stories you prefer.
Today, May 10th, one week after this round begun, the art community lost one of our greats - Frank Frazetta - the man whose book covers defined Conan visually. In honor of Frank Frazetta, we are sadly transitioning this round over to a Tribute Round for him. He will be sorely missed.
by Robert E. Howard
- Book Cover Layout - full wrap optional.
- Working file can be any size you want, finals to be no wider than 1000 pixels (you can include detail shots if you want).
- Post FINAL image in FINALS THREAD (to be posted later).
- Stay as true to the characters and world as you can.
- The rest is open to your interpretation.
- Cover design is up to the artist.
- Please post wips and share crits.
UPDATED > DEADLINE: 5PM PACIFIC STANDARD TIME MONDAY, MAY 24th.
Please don't keep everything secret, working on your image in private only to post it at the very last hour as a surprise. The point of sharing sketches and work in progress material is so everyone can learn from each other, receive crits, compliments and improve their skills in a classroom/workshop like environment. There are no teachers and no students per say, but try to offer help to others when possible. Please be open to receiving crits, and paint-overs or mock ups of your work, as we are all here to participate, have fun, learn, grow and enjoy what each week has to offer.